Original topic:

Calls are being remotely answered

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Dymplez4Lyfe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I had to get an upgrade less than a month ago an was upgraded to a Galaxy S24+. Everything was working fine for about 1wk to 1.5w after purchase unyil the UI 6.1 update on July1st. First it kept jumping off and back on the network (AT&T) and then my SIM card changed to an e-SIM. I called to get help. They tried resetting my phone. Then they changed my carrier to T-Mobile. And when zI woke up on Tuesday (7/02) my SIM card said it was locked and I needed a PUK. I went to an ATT store, they changed the hard SIM, called Tech Support and got that SIM activated. It worked for 1 day and a half. Now some of my calls are being answered remotely. I can turn airplane mode on then off and it will work for awhile then it starts back.

15 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I think it does that on locked phones, and if thats the case, I have no clue about that persons phone
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, mine is locked. I have no clue, either about the OP. I hope whatever is wrong gets sorted out for them.
0 Likes
Dymplez4Lyfe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll check. Thanks
Dymplez4Lyfe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I guess when tech support was trying to reset my phone, they changed the network and my SIM. But when I went to the store and called customer service they transferred me over to tech and he activated the new SIM. I think it maybe my phone.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It sounds like something malicious took over your phone.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Sounds like you need to do a factory reset skipping the backup