JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calls are not staying blocked

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 07:48 PM)
Hipikid
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

When I block a phone number they should not be able to call my phone right? So I've been blocking some numbers and they called back and they still get through to my phone. What else do I have to do to avoid these callers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Hipikid When you say "they still get through to my phone", do you mean to voicemail?

When you block a call on your phone, your phone knows about it but your carrier doesn't. So on an incoming call, the carrier sends it to your phone, your phone sees a blocked number and rejects it, the carrier sends it to voicemail. 

To really block a number so that the call never makes it to your phone or voicemail, you need to contact your carrier. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

Blocking a phone number on your device is a standard method to prevent calls and messages from that specific number. However, there are some situations where calls may still come through or go to voicemail. Here are a few additional steps you can take to enhance call blocking:

1. Check Your Call Blocking Settings: Ensure that the numbers you blocked are listed in your device's call blocking settings. The steps may vary slightly depending on your device, but generally, you can find this in your phone app settings or the settings related to calls.

2. Contact Your Carrier: Some carriers provide additional call-blocking services. Contact your mobile carrier's customer support and inquire about any additional call-blocking features they offer. They may be able to assist in blocking calls at the network level.

3. Use Third-Party Call Blocking Apps: Consider using third-party call-blocking apps from reputable developers. These apps often provide advanced features and can help filter unwanted calls more effectively.

4. Report Spam Calls: If you receive spam or unwanted calls, make sure to report them. Many smartphones have a feature to mark calls as spam or report them. By doing so, you contribute to a collective database that helps improve call blocking capabilities.

5. Activate Do Not Disturb Mode: Activate Do Not Disturb mode on your phone during specific times or all the time. In this mode, only contacts and allowed calls will come through, and others will be silenced.

6. Review Your Call Log: Periodically review your call log to ensure that blocked numbers are still listed as blocked. Sometimes, software updates or changes to your phone's settings can affect call blocking.

7. Consider a Call Screening Service: Some devices and carriers offer call screening services that can automatically screen and filter calls. Look into these options to enhance your call-blocking capabilities.

8. Update Your Device Software: Ensure that your device's operating system is up-to-date. Manufacturers regularly release updates that may include improvements to call blocking and spam detection.

If you continue to experience issues after trying these steps, it's advisable to reach out to your mobile carrier for assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your carrier and may be able to offer additional solutions to address unwanted calls.

Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Hipikid When you say "they still get through to my phone", do you mean to voicemail?

When you block a call on your phone, your phone knows about it but your carrier doesn't. So on an incoming call, the carrier sends it to your phone, your phone sees a blocked number and rejects it, the carrier sends it to voicemail. 

To really block a number so that the call never makes it to your phone or voicemail, you need to contact your carrier. 

0 Likes
Hipikid
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you very much. I appreciate your reply and I think I will be contacting my carrier. I am getting anywhere from 25 to 35 of these calls every day it's driving me crazy LOL
0 Likes
Ric221
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You say 25 to 35 a day. Are these robo calls? If so, it might be kinda hard to block them.
0 Likes