JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to move Home screen App drawer icon

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 08:19 AM)
MD328
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. Just moved to Samsung for first time after years with other android phone. Problem is , I want app drawer icon on my home screen (just a habit). And its impossible to move it to the middle of bottom row or anywhere after long press. It always stays in right bottom corner. Any way to move it? Software Update?20240210_161031_HDR.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I just tried with my S23+ and I couldn't move it either. It looks like that icon is hard coded to only appear in the right corner. The only available options are whether you want it on or off.

View solution in context

5 Replies
BruZZi
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't think you can move it anymore. That's why I've been using a custom launcher (now Nova) for years.

Way more customization options.

Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Make sure that Lock home screen is not turned on in settings. As shown here you can rearrange your device layout.1707584385759.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I just tried with my S23+ and I couldn't move it either. It looks like that icon is hard coded to only appear in the right corner. The only available options are whether you want it on or off.
Ric221
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
@Popsicle20, you are correct. I've had this off so long on my galaxy devices that I didn't know you could not move it. Haven't had it there in over 5+ years. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
No need to apologize. I learned something from looking into this. 🙂
0 Likes