Original topic:

Can no longer access Insta360 Video Files via browser or PC

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 09:25 AM)
videokahuna
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

On my new S24 Ultra I can no longer access the Insta360 Video Files via the File browser or via my PC?  Why and is there a root access workaround? 

Files on my S20 Ultra are located

Internal\storage\Android\data\com.arashivision.insta360akiko\files\Insta360OneR\galleryOriginal\

On the S24 there is no com.arashvision.insta360akiko directory.

0 Likes
10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@videokahuna Have you reached out to the developers of that app for a solution? 

0 Likes
videokahuna
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am today as well.  I saw someone else with the same problem but the answer provided was what I know works on my S20.  The problems is what is different with the S24?  Why no file access?

I enabled Developer Mode to see if that might help or make a difference but still that directory path and the video files .insv are nowhere to be found.

0 Likes
videokahuna
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I  have also added to a discussion in the Insta360 forum and also sent an email to support@insta360.

0 Likes
videokahuna
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This is an Android version issue.  On Android 13 I have no problem.  The Samsung S24 is running Android 14.  I tried Developer Options USB Debugging etc... Still unable to access the Insta360 directory to access Insta360 videos or files from my Window PC.  A workaround is Cx File Explorer and a using Window Network Share.  Maybe not as fast or secure as USB transfer but managed to move around what I needed to move around.

0 Likes
AsserAK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Do we have any solution to that? I'm facing the same issue.

0 Likes
Members_USvx7Ud
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same problem, Has anyone found a work-around?

0 Likes
videokahuna
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No solution, an Android 14 update disabled access via CX File Explorer so now on an updated Andoid 14 there is no longer any access to those insta360 directories.
0 Likes
uservoWw1JJwRy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

any updates?

0 Likes
Brian Gandhi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have no luck to acces com.arashvision.insta360akiko directory too.  

But if you want to transfer your footage faster than wireless connection, you can use wired connection using C2C data cable (typeC to type C). 

Insta360 app on Android can detect camera using android mode. On your Insta360 Camera, go to setting - more settings - usb mode, choose Android; connect C2C data cable between your cam and phone, then open insta360 app on your Android phone. 

0 Likes