JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't open pdf file

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 10:18 AM)
userubRrDOnCL2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I received an email with a pdf attachment, upon trying to opening it,I clicked the wrong option that said always use option, Now I can't open anything it says "Can't read QR code" Can anyone help? 
0 Likes
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

You can try going to settings/apps. Go to whichever app (I assume Adobe Acrobat), select it and then in the section that says set as default, click that and either toggle the slider off or click the clear defaults button.  I would probably choose the clear defaults option, so the next time you get a PDF the chooser screen will come up and you can select just once.

Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

settings > apps > 3 dots at top right of screen > reset app preferences

userubRrDOnCL2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you!!! Much appreciated šŸ’ŖšŸæ
user8ipsVR8lL1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Didn't help. Also won't open jpegs it downloads 

SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Will other files open on your device? Have you tested out other files such as bmp, gif, doc, and png? I suggest testing your device in safe mode to see if a third-party app is affecting your phone. Follow the steps below, and let us know if this helps. 
1. Press and hold the Power button and Volume down button (right edge) until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
To confirm, tap Safe mode.
3. The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.
4. With Safe Mode enabled, ensure Airplane Mode is turned off then test device and app functionality.