Original topic:

Change to Motion photo S24 ultra

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 12:17 PM)
2tough2tame
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just upgraded from the S21 Ultra to the S24 ultra. I'm still trying to work through the subtle changes. 
One of my fav features has always been the motion photo feature and the fact that I can play it, pause, find the perfect clip and hit the screenshot button later after I've taken multiple photos enabling me to always find the perfect shot. 

Now on the s24, It seems that 'scroll/ slide' feature that allows me to choose the clip I want, Now it only shows set clips; frame by frame to choose from šŸ˜” 
Am I missing a setting that can change that OR is this just how it is now?? I sure hope not. 

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
5 Replies
Crystal H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Apparently you now you have to enable it...  this article shows where it is:  https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/motion-photos/

RJtheEngineer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It took me until just now to figure it out. The link in the first reply just shows you how to turn it on.

Tap and hold the image thumbnail instead of tapping view motion photo as we did before.

1707710568255.jpg
userAI0lwQNuh2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I have the s23 ultra and when I got the new 6.1ui update I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I had a note 9 previously and thought it was one of the best features. When switching to the s23 ultra it had changed (for the worse) but still worked the same.

Why they messed with it, I'll never know. Having to long press the thumbnail instead of viewing the motion photo is seriously so ridiculous.

I scoured the internet looking for a solution and you solved my problem dude, thank you so much! 

0 Likes
2tough2tame
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you.
I found kind of a dumb workaround.
See my screenshots.
I just don't like all the extra steps. I'm a creature of habit and I liked it when it was faster. The process was way faster before. I could just pause the motion photo, slide to the image that I want to clip and hit the little button, and be done1708030732056.jpg1708030732077.jpg1708030732097.jpg
0 Likes
Scorbin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you RJtheEngineer. I was having to hit the Edit button, scroll through frames and select whatvi wanted as "key image" then saving that as a copy. Thank you. Not sure how you figured that out or why the updates randomly change stuff with no warning and no update info readily available from Samsung
0 Likes