Original topic:

Charger Type

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
lululumpia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Does anybody know if the cable that comes with the s24 a 5a? I am thinking of getting Samsung's 45w power block but apparently it needs a 5a cable to enable the s24 ultras full charging potential, but I'm unsure if the cable that comes with the phone is 5a, or if I'd have to buy another cable.
0 Likes
14 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
My girlfriends S22 Ultra charges around 1 and a half, sometimes less, I normally use my wireless charger over night unless I have to be somewhere in an hour, I have a S23 Ultra tho, this 45 watt on my phone does around 21 watts
0 Likes
lululumpia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh okay, thank you for the help!
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe is 3a not 5a. 5a sold separately
0 Likes
XanderHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The biggest benefit of the 45W chargers is to get a quick boost when your phone is below 20%. After a pretty short while charging at the higher wattage the phone will get warm and then charging slows down. If you want to maximize charging speed you need to keep the phone cool, so take it out of any case to allow the heat to escape.

Honestly, while I have several chargers that can support super fast 45W charging I really do not think it is really worth it. If you want to see for yourself get a charging cable that displays the wattage. The amount of time the phone accepts anything over 25W is very little.
0 Likes
Grnlantern79
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Go with Anker all you need is a 30w GaN charger and use cable you have it's fast and smaller and cheaper
0 Likes