Original topic:

Create profile card sucks

(Topic created: yesterday)
galaxy-4-Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had a video i made that was 14 second of my son I had under my wife name so that every time they call it plays... now since this create profile card feature came... now it's saying that my video to large... but how when it was working JUST FINE BEFOR THIS CPC FEATURE CAME🤨😡... samsung need to reverse this... and let us created our custom call background videos and use them again for contacts... because this create profile card is not good... 

9 Replies
shafou
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
If you go to the gallery, click on the video, and then click "edit," you will see three dots at the top right corner. Click on those dots, then click on "size and format," and change the size to 80%. This should hopefully work. It's annoying to have to find a workaround, but I hope it does the job!
galaxy-4-Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Size and format nowhere in site🤦‍:male_sign:it won't even pop up when i search it in my settings... I give up... samsung really messed my contact call background up🤦‍:male_sign: thanks alot tho for the help
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Not used it myself but some would suggest Goodlock seems to gave customizable options something to look into perhaps
galaxy-4-Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I live in goodlock lol... but I didn't need goodlock to do that... make a video, trim it up and add it to a contact and whenever the contact calls the vid play... and not just for lockscreen but for both... we had the option but now they took that away to agg this (create profile card feature)
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Only thing that came to mind like I said I never used it just see mentioned sometimes phones stick tongue out at us hehe
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you tap the 3 dots from within the edit screen?
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Here are some other issues that I found with profile cards.

PROFILE CARDS NOT SYNCING
When I created the profile cards on my Galaxy S23 Ultra, they did not sync to my other devices. I had to do them again on my Tab S9 Ultra, causing the profile picture to be changed again.

ASPECT RATIO ISSUES
When editing profile cards (1st screenshot), it says that "the image will be cropped to a square so it will fit the widest screen sizes when it is shown on other devices." There is still one problem: how will it look like on tablets in landscape orientation? Having the top and bottom cut out isn't acceptable to me, according to recent tests with the alarm backgrounds on my Tab S8 Ultra and Tab S9 Ultra.

SET PROFILE CARD AS ALARM BACKGROUND
This brings it down to one final question: how to sync profile cards with the Clock app for contact events? Here's how it would work:
1. Create a new event for the contact (birthday, anniversary, other, etc.).
2. After saving the contact, it should give you the option to create an alarm or timer for the contact event (2nd screenshot).
3. When the alarm or timer goes off, it will show the profile card on the right side of the alarm/countdown notification (3rd screenshot).Screenshot_20240922_012348_Contacts_1000033345_1726993429.png1726993879336.jpgSnapchat-1497325736_1000024807_1713512317.jpg
galaxy-4-Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This feature sucks... bring my background custom videos back so I can use them for my incoming calls
0 Likes
MNIR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Is profile card available for S22 ULTRA?
0 Likes