JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 10:00 PM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to go to the app settings and then go to notification categories snd chiise the sound you want. If it only has ine category, or no category heading, then just choose the sound fir the app. Right now it is using whatever you have set as the default notification sound. Do this for any app you want a different sound for.
0 Likes
userLKeSDfzGYJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
There isn't an option to change the sound
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
There is, follow the instructions above, then choose notification categories, for each category (even if ther is only one), make sure the slider us on snd then click on the category (Chase, Citi, etc) and then delect allow sound and vibration, then, below that it says sound. Click on that and then choose your sound.
0 Likes
MsKish
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I just upgraded my S10 to an S24 Plus. It's disappointing the new S24 Plus doesn't allow you to use your own custom notification tone and set the tones for each app. I have to use what the phone has available and I don't like any of them. Do better Samsung! As much as we have to pay for these phones, that feature should ALWAYS be available. Other than that, I'm liking the S24 Plus so far.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You need to enable this feature
https://youtube.com/shorts/8XFajaWrnNs?si=1UFm9U1UffBrCLeX

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

MsKish
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you!! This does help for my notifications for each app. The only thing left for Samsung to do is to let me use my own customized notification tone instead of only being able to use what is offered with the phone. The feature is there for ringtones. Why not notification tones?
Grumby62
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I would like to know why Samsung would and is the one deciding what sound we can use
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Just add your notification sound files to the notifications folder via the file manager and they will be available to use
0 Likes
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I can't figure out how to change the notifications sound for the Google messaging 😖
And, why doesn't Samsung messaging have RDC (group chatting)? 
0 Likes
Shelliam
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Settings, sounds, and then change notification sound.
Group chat is available as well