JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 10:00 PM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
JUMP TO SOLUTION
110 Replies
userWz85g5fTKy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Okay, I have the S24 Plus. It's nice and all, but my main issue is how can I change the notification sounds of each app to its default sound that came with the app? I have online stores, and I'm usually listening for a specific sound. I know how to customize each notification, but I want the actual default sound provided by the app itself, not a Samsung sound. I've been looking for a couple of days and haven't found a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
The only way to do this is download Zedge, search for the sound you are looking for, example specific sounds for Facebook.

userWz85g5fTKy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm going to look into that
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. It should default to the app sound.
userWz85g5fTKy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This absolutely worked for just a couple apps. It worked for facebook.. thanks for the info.. greatly appreciated
0 Likes
RenBeingGhost
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
S24 Series users, did you noticed that in One UI 6.1, the notification categories within the system settings have been removed. Previously, we were able to navigate to the system settings and alter which category of notifications to display at a system level. It appears as though Samsung has eliminated this option, and now there is only way to change the notifications is by going into the app settings. This is a significant drawback for One UI 6.1. We kindly request that Samsung reinstate the functionality of notification categories within the system settings.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

settings > notifications > advanced settings > manage notification categories for each app........toggle this on

RenBeingGhost
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks! This was helpful. Previously, they probably had this option turned on by default.
0 Likes
John Hansen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks. That certainly helps but it would be much better if these settings were automatically transfered from my old Samsung phone. Now I need to go through every app to set the custom notification as I had in my previous phone. Also some apps don't work correctly since there is no sound setting called 'app provided sound'. What a pain! Arggh!

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
if you used Smart Switch, those settings should still be in place. however, the ability to "see" that was taken away by this senseless change where you have to go in and make the categories visible again. ridiculous, IMHO.