Original topic:

How can I delete a "Do Not Disturb schedule"?

(Topic created: 03-06-2024 06:47 AM)
DHori
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have an S24plus. I was messing around when I first got it and set up a DND schedule from 10pm to 7 am. I have toggled the DND quick setting to Off but it still gives me an audible notification at 7 even though I have all sounds turned off. Also, under the DND settings, it does not show up under Schedule do I can't delete it. When I tap the + I front of Add Schedule, the 10pm to 7am schedule shows up under Set Time, but with no Schdule name  so I cannot delete it nor change any of the times. How on earth can I delete this schedule? I have tried everything!

1000002790.jpg

0 Likes
13 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

can you unclick on the individual days to deselect them?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@DHori I have used a scheduled DND for years. I have never had a audible notification when DND starts nor ends. I think this sound is coming from somewhere else. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you check that you didnt accidentally set an alarm for 7 am, since its so consistent? I agree there is no notification sound for DND.
0 Likes
CMGO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
You can just change the time for a single minute interval.
0 Likes
danlz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

If you cannot delete a DND schedule it probably comes from Modes and routines.

Unfortunately even if you delete the mode that created the DND schedule, it stays there and it cannot be deleted.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Did you solve this issue yet?  If not, go to settings/notifications/do not disturb.  You will see this screen: 

Screenshot_20240817_081222_Settings.jpg

Make sure all the sliders are set to off.  To delete or change the pre-set schedule, tap the schedule as shown below:

Screenshot_20240817_081231_Settings.jpg

and then you will be able to change or delete it.

As state before there is no sound associated with turning DND on or off, there must be an alarm set somewhere.  Go to your clock/alarm settings. By default, there is a sleep mode alarm pre-set, it's the very first in the list - it can be changed or turned off, but not deleted.

Screenshot_20240817_081441_Clock.jpg

0 Likes
danlz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This does not work for schedule entries created by "Modes and Routines".

If you tap the entry, you will end up on the "Modes and Routines" screen.

If you tap&hold the entry you will see the list of entries, but the entries created by "Modes and Routines" are grayed out.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

The OP did not say they set it modes and routines. They stated that they were playing around with the schedules. The information I provided is correct.

But, if one is using a mode, such as sleep mode, if one has it set to start automatically, one can edit the sleep schedule, or turn it off entirely and just turn it on manually.   They can also delete the DND option in the "stay focused" section. Modes are certainly editable. Schedules are not set up by modes and routines, they are set up by the user configuring the mode/routine.

0 Likes
danlz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

You are right about the OP, but there is a problem with schedules created by "Modes and routines".

I have 3 such schedules, that a cannot delete in any way.

0 Likes