Original topic:

Device Admin

(Topic created: Monday)
userq8AqxDwMZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have a third party app I am trying to install that requires device admin privileges. I previously had the app installed without an issue here, but when I uninstalled and reinstalled, it loops at deny and approve device admin control, without actually allowing me to choose to approve. Any suggestions on the hang-up?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried to reboot your phone (restart)? a lot of times that fixes glitches and hiccups.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to device settings > security & privacy > more security settings > device administration apps > your third app should be listed, tap the toggle on to approve device administration control.
0 Likes
userq8AqxDwMZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have tried this, and it does not work. It goes on and then automatically off again.
0 Likes
Solution
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you tried to reboot your phone (restart)? a lot of times that fixes glitches and hiccups.
0 Likes
userq8AqxDwMZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Just a follow-up that rebooting was the issue! Thanks!
MrGhoul
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Great! I'm glad to hear that helped. If I could ask you to please " accept this as a solved solution" by clicking the 3 dots next to my comment to reboot. This will help other members with similar issues.
Thank you!
0 Likes
JollyCello
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I would contact the developers of the app within the app store with your concerns, as they are the best to fix your problem.

Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
It's a good idea not to allow a third-party app to control your phone, though. What has changed in the app that now requires device admin permission? However, contact the developer as said before.
0 Likes
userq8AqxDwMZV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The app required device admin permission previously as well and worked to allow them. However, I am not sure what has caused the permissions to glitch as they have.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok. Try installing it, go the device administrator setting, toggle the selection before opening the app. Hope that works.
0 Likes