Original topic:

Directional Audio Issue

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've made a previous post about this, and decided to make another with updated info.

My brand new Samsung Galaxy S24+ currently has issues with directional audio ONLY when the charger port is facing left and the volume & power buttons are facing down.

So, I see something on the right, I hear it from the left speaker. I see something on the left, I hear it coming from the right speaker.

There are no issues when the charger port is facing right, the volume & power buttons are on top and when the phone is in a portrait orientation (charger port facing down).

The issue also isn't present when watching videos regardless of the phone's current orientation. It also doesn't happen when using headphones.

My phone is up to date. It is brand new and I got it last Tuesday

I've tried Sounds and vibration>Sound quality and effects.
I've tried accessibility>hearing enhancements>left/right sound balance.
I've tried turning Mono audio on & off
I even tried entering recovery mode, but the option to Repair Apps wasn't there

Nothing has worked. My phone is still experiencing directional audio issues.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome

2 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Dijaiku Have you reported it via the Samsung Members app? 

Samsung Members app -> Support -> Error reports

Have you engaged with support via the Samsung Members app to see if they can help? 

If it doesn't happen when you are watching videos, when exactly does it happen? 

0 Likes
Dijaiku
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I did last night after this post. (Didn't in the previous post since I did not know that was a feature at the time. I'm relatively new to Samsung phones)

I am still waiting for some kind of response, but I know that it's a software issue, not hardware, so I don't think my phone needs to be replaced.

It happens ONLY while it's in a landscape orientation with the charger port facing left. I noticed it while playing video games on my phone to pass the time.

I verified the issue when I used the left/right sound balance, and when the slide was on the left, the ringtone played through the right speaker. The slide was on the right. It played through the left.

I know it's a small issue, and the only time I use my phone with its orientation with the charger port facing left is when I'm charging it. Otherwise, when the charger port is facing RIGHT or DOWN, directional audio is correct and consistent
0 Likes