Original topic:

Equalizer on my S24U doesn't seem to be working

(Topic created: 03-02-2024 12:12 PM)
DeLuna13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
The equalizer on my new S24 Ultra does not seem to be working properly. Anything above 0 dB is not working (I hear no difference). The only thing that is working is anything below 0 dB. That doesn't work for my use case, and if you go too much into negative, it just lowers the overall speaker volume. I got put on to this strange eq (shoutout Flossy Carter) that actually works very well on my S23U and TabS9U. That would be turning on custom eq and putting all 9 bands to +10 dB. I know it sounds dumb you would think it would do nothing or make the speakers sound muddy or terrible, but I encourage you to try it (as long as your device isn't an S24 series device). It boosts the phone or tab overall volume to where it's significantly louder at lower volume without any added distortion. You can run it with Dolby Atmos as well. I dont know about everyone else, but I don't do critical listing on my phone/tab speakers. I always go for headphones when listening to music, shows, or movies. So, having that option to make your device louder and more punchy for free with a tiny tweak is awesome! It is disappointing that this doesn't work on my S24U because with the eq enabled like that on my S23U, it sounds better (imo) than my new phone. The 23U at 20% or 2 clicks volume sounds like 40% or four clicks on the 24U. I would like to know if there is a fix or if it's a known bug that will be fixed in the upcoming Feb 1 2024 update. Thanks in advance!

Custom +10 dB eq (Works on S23 or older)

28 Replies
Hankydooodle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Even if we do, unless some big tech YouTuber says something, Samsung isn't going to do anything sadly. Just stinks that they released a far superior phone in every way to the S23 Ultra and the the one thing I can ding them on is the speakers being weird šŸ˜”
DeLuna13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Bruh, I was going to try to disagree with you and give samsung the benefit of the doubt, but you got to be kidding me. I just watched a video about the March 1st update being pushed already and thought, let me check if I have it. I did. I had hope for the update, but STILL NOTHING. I mean, come on its kinda ridiculous at this point. Tbh, I semi agree with S24U being a better phone, but then I look at my S23U and remember it had launch bugs but not like this.Screenshot_20240302_172642_Software update_1000026021_1709418402.pngScreenshot_20240302_172300_Software update_1000026019_1709418180.pngScreenshot_20240302_172304_Settings_1000026020_1709418184.png
0 Likes
DeLuna13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have great respect for what samsung phones stand for. Which is user customizability, and I switched from my iP 12 (my last iP ever period) to the S23U and loved it. I love the S pen, the rectangular screen design, Good Lock/Good Guardians, etc. When I got it, I couldn't put the thing down. There was so much customization with One UI that, for the first time, I didn't use a launcher like Nova. There's Dex, emulation, and tweaked apps šŸ˜‰all of which could not be done on iPhone. It's literally a mini computer in your pocket. I'm a PC person, so when I switched to the iP 6 (my first iP), I always knew it would never replace my PC. There was too much i couldn't do on it, but these new S phones have been a dream to me. if they start overlooking these small issues, what will they overlook in the future. I guess we will have to wait and see if this issue gets dealt with before the next refresh cycle. If not, the Honor magic 6 Pro, Xiaomi 14 Ultra, or the ROG phones, if gaming phones continue to be a thing in the future, interest me. My problem with all of the Chinese phones is update support and American 5G band support. I'd have to look into it. I hope they don't do this with the ultra tablets because, as far as I've seen, there really are no competitors for samsungs flagship tablets. Competitors use older SOCs or non snapdragon chips, or don't match the form factor. Honestly, I'm very disappointed in Samsung. Such a small bug should have been fixed by now, but I will continue to hold on to my hope until the next refreshed phone comes out. Here's to hoping šŸ™

0 Likes
Hankydooodle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I seriously considered jumping ship to the Xiaomi 14 Ultra but I had the first Mi Note and the band support was horrid for US Tmobile and it still remains bad. Those phones were so much more customizable than Samsung, but without the proper band support, it's basically a phone I can only use properly in the house šŸ˜”
Hankydooodle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
So, we may have some sort of movement in terms of an update. I'll keep an open mind, but I'll definitely beleive it when I see it 1709746498569.jpg
DeLuna13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Ayy let's go!! Nicely done. At least according to them it'll be in the works šŸ’Ŗ Same as you, I'll believe it when I see it, but at least it's not blind faith anymore.
DeLuna13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
All of this wasn't for nothing. We made the noise, and it looks like you and other users' report's got this to their attention.
DeLuna13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Nothing still... How about you? April update seems to be about cameras mainly.Screenshot_20240328_135110_Software update_1000026599_1711648270.pngScreenshot_20240328_135115_Settings_1000026600_1711648275.png
0 Likes
Medioqr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, I have also been experiencing same issues for awhile now, and yes, the april update did nothing

0 Likes