JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Find free Bible app for new S24

(Topic created: 08-16-2024 11:24 AM)
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I just bought an S24 standard to replace my dying Note10+. The tech at the store transferred settings etc. but the apps did not transfer, so I am just installing them from scratch. I use 3 specifically. kindle app, KJV Bible app, and the app for my hearing aids. I installed the kindle app so far. I have searched google play for the appropriate Bible app. Mainly just for reading. I need it to use KJV text, with italics showing the supplied words. Red letter is desirable but not essential. I have such an app on my android tablet, but it only shows as "KJV Bible" and several such are shown in Google Play. So far I have not found any that show the supplied words in italics, and this is important to me.

Could anyone identify such an app for me to download?

Much appreciated,

Jon

10 Replies
Solution
spirited75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hey Jon, check out the YouVersion bible app. It is free and you can select the Bible version to read. It also includes red letter. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sirma.mobile.bible.android
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes! just as asked. Thank you. Now if I could just navigate. Pick a book and a chapter and start with verse 1. I used search to go to Matthew 5, and it plopped me at verse 39 and would not let me scroll to earlier verses.

Cianbrooke
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Jon,
I use you version and it allows me to select the "Bible" tab at the bottom. Then just above that is the book and chapter. Tap on that and it brings up the books. Tap a book and select the chapter. Tap the chapter and it allows you to pick the verse. Mine allows me to scroll the chapter even if I pick a later verse. There are also arrows to allow moving forward and back one chapter. Not sure why your version restricts you?
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Excellent! That makes the app much more useful to me. Thank you.

Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
My favorite is the blue letter bible app, it has commentaries and word study tools without some of the "flashy" extras.
woolmer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, Mac   Thatā€™s a great choice! The Blue Letter Bible app is highly valued for its simplicity and depth. It offers a range of useful features like commentaries and word study tools, making it a solid resource for serious study without the distraction of flashy extras. Its focus on providing detailed, straightforward biblical resources sets it apart.šŸ¤—

0 Likes
JonJacobs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you. I use BLB on my computer all the time. Very useful to me. I downloaded it to my S24. I like its presentation and UI the best of all I have tried.

0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using E Sword on both my S24 Ultra and iPad Air. Had to pay about $5 for iPad version, 50% paid with Google credit, Android was free.
B Rocket
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
There's an app called Olive tree. It has lots of English versions. It has the KJV that is free and it has italics. You can download so you can use it offline.