JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS location very unstable

(Topic created: 08-17-2024 01:22 PM)
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my S24 Ultra and started to use. The GPS is very important to us as we travel and hike very often. Also, we take many photos and geotag them so we can see where we've been. First thing I notice is that my location is jumping around in Google Maps! My location isn't even close to my home, and it looks like I'm in other people's yards and bouncing all over the place. The precise location NEVER locks! This also initially happened with my galaxy S22U, but was eventually fixed.

I used the GPSTest utility to look at the gps data and the satellite acquisition is poor. Most of the L5 satellites are missing and Beidou satellites are far and few between. The gps accuracy and speed are jumping all over the place. My S22U accuracy was fixed at 8.4ft and speed close to zero, since not moving. My S24U accuracy is bouncing all over but typically around 33ft, and my speed can reach 10mph! This is completely frustrating. Anyone else having this issue, or did I get a bad phone? Zoom in down to the outline of your home to see this problem on Google Maps. 
By the way, I tested the the gps location accuracy using the Samsung phone diagnostics and it said "normal". Normal compared to what? Samsung, I hope you're seeing this, and please fix asap. I will be returning this phone if this basic necessity can't be fixed, unfortunately.😞
203 Replies
mrtnzagustin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@mrpoponiwex I will try that app. Did you test waze?

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
My latest example. This morning I decided to walk backwards in my house for 20 minutes (don't ask). My hallway runs north and south in the house. I used my walking exercise in SH on my watch 4. Here's a screenshot of how that workout looks in SH. 1724248439480.jpg
CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
Tonytomson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24+ has the same issue: GPS is not properly locking, some times, with luck, it will get locked, but it is very unstable and can't relay for any mode of travel. The most shaming fact; 10 years before Samsung was able to manufacture a phone with a properly working GPS. But in 2024, their flagship model buyers will need to carry a second phone with working GPS for their travels. ....Well done Samsung.....

0 Likes
AC81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same problem, my Samsung s24 GPS is not working properly. It's getting worse. Now waiting for a solution? Or how do you deal with this?

0 Likes
RLC62
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been having similar problems and yes it is really annoying. Please fix Samsung.

0 Likes
micheclb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

in my case works ok when driving, but only in very open roads. But it's useless when driving in cities with a minimum of obstacles to the gps..

I had a Samsung A52s before and, albeit it had a million of other issues, GPS was not one of them...first time i have such a bad gps in a phone.

0 Likes
Rausimous
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Gps is all over the place it was fine last month but now it's un usable 

Gps is  accurate on 1km in maps and waze 

0 Likes
grasia
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24