JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 07:35 AM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

268 Replies
Cool_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I am experiencing a rapid depletion of my battery's charge, despite minimal screen time and a maximum usage of only 1.2%.
CassieMae
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah my battery drains pretty quickly too. I noticed this the first day I had it I went out somewhere that didn't have the best signal. I was there for 6 hours and by the time I got home my phone was 20%. If I am home and on Wi-Fi though the battery is of course great.
Cool_
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've barely used my phone today, yet it felt kinda warm in my pocket earlier this morning. 🤨 Just took it out and it's at 60% battery, which is weird. 🤔 I do have the highest resolution and 120Hz refresh rate turned on, and my S22 Ultra had better battery life with the same settings. I don't use adaptive brightness, so it stays pretty low all the time. I also have auto AoD active, so the display shouldn't even be on while it's in my pocket.

Side note I **bleep**in love the AI writing styles 🥵
0 Likes
420bunny
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
A struggling solid network connection anything that's considered a weak signal (ex. -117 dbm Mobile Network strength) results in significantly more draining on battery on mine but it's to b expected considering it's trying to get u a better signal essentially the whole time cuz it's so weak is all & the only way around that would b to not use a connection aka Data off of Airplane Mode until ur in a better coverage area that is not considered a weak signal. My ex is only what my device was approx in so the range to which a device considers a weak signal would b more appropriate in this answer just cuz it's a range not a specific number if u will. I just don't know what weak is as far as the full range. But i imagine the entire range u would wanna avoid when trying to save ur battery from draining excessively.

Also, be sure ur battery Power Save Settings are setup the way u want them to b if u choose to use this feature when it depleats to a specific percentage then turns on to save battery until its above ur designated percentage & so forth. I assume ur aware of this setting already tho. If u need help with it tho holler.

This is all assuming something else like another app etc isn't actually causing the problem on& that u ruled this cause put already k.
0 Likes
MLAAVISH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
In the same situation, I fell under Battery Drain very quickly I took Power Bank with me and I received S24 Ultra on January 28th
0 Likes
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine isn't great either but Samsung batteries tend to get better after a week or so of use. I'll reserving judgement until then.
0 Likes
Colinitis_inc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Screenshot_20240201_124716_Device care.jpg

I'm experiencing a very similar issue. I went to sleep at 11 with my battery at 38% and by the time I woke up at 6, it was dead. â€ƒ

0 Likes
clipper008
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I am also facing the same issue. My battery drained by 40% during the nighttime when i was sleeping. Overall, i am liking this phone other than battery drain problem.
0 Likes
Nitin1009
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue, battery draining very quickly with full screen AOD, turned it off today to see if there's a difference
0 Likes
bobby3605
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same issue. Also, I have the s view wallet folio case, and the AOD is much brighter when the case is closed than when it is open. I thought the extra brightness was causing the battery drain, but maybe it's another issue. Need to test with case open and closed.
0 Likes