JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
gulf767
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I would appreciate some clarification on the Battery tab under settings.

I have the s24+ and under the heading Today are two entries:

1) Last charged

2) Stopped charging 

Mine has not been updating properly. I was charging to 80% under the power saving mode as my previous s22+ charged to 85%.

Someone suggested I run the battery  to 0%, charge the phone to 100% and that should solve the problem and recalibrate the battery. It did not.

Under Today, after I just now finished charging to 100%:

Last charged to 64%. It never was charged to 64%

Stopped charging at: 22h 57m ago. Actually it just finished charging 10 minutes ago.

I did charge it 2 days ago as it was just eating the battery so that may be accurate, but not updating after each charge. . But each time the charge was to 80%, not 64%.

Is anyone else seeing misreported information as I am? 

At this point either there is a problem with how this is updating or else my battery is NOT charging to 80%, but rather only 64%. 

Thanks.

NFEmmanuel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My Samsung S24+ battery Page says a full charge would last 13 h 15 m, which I assume is for when I don't use the phone. I've seen a lot of reviews of people saying they get up at 6 with a full battery and have like 5 to 12% left by like 11 in the night (that's like 17 hours of use) after a whole day of intensive use, and this makes me feel very frustrated about my battery. Is this just a me problem or is this normal, and how many people have this kind of experience? If it's normal and this isn't how the battery life should be, how can I fix it? For people who got to experience the battery life as advertised and reviewed, which of these are you doing differently from me (I am using a S24+ SnapDragon Chipset): .
  • AOD set to Auto 
  • Adaptive Refresh Rate 
  • Screen Resolution QHD+ 
  • Battery Protection: Adaptive

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

There is no definitive answer to your question of "How long should a Samsung Battery last" as this is extremely dependent on current usage.  As you stated, you will get more time out of the device if it is unused for the day.  There are also settings than can extend an unused devices battery usable, like turning off WiFi, turning off Cellular Traffic, turning off BlueTooth, and NFC.  All of these negotiate with nearby devices as soon as it sees them, even if they do not end up connecting.  If you Battery is not holding it's charge for as long as it should, the only solution is a replacement.  A Samsung authorized service center should be able to determine your battery health, and should even be able to replace the battery, assuming that it is bad, and that they have the specific battery for your specific device in stock (which sometimes takes a while with new release devices)

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to settings, Device Care, Performance Profile, turn on Light. By default it is set to standard. You will get much better battery life.
NFEmmanuel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for this. Would this affect app speed? Or the multiprocessing power between apps? Because sometimes I tend to use multiple apps at once
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
No, it won't. I have never experienced lag using this setting!
NFEmmanuel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
And by how much would you say it improves battery life
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
20% or more!
I am getting at least 9-10 hrs of screen on time on my S24U, with about 20% battery left.
I also have a Watch 6 classic paired to phone which uses battery too.
I would consider that excellent battery life.
NFEmmanuel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Okay thank you so much. I think I'm satisfied with this now
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Yay, let me know if you see a jump in battery performance.

You can also in battery settings make sure you turn on adaptive battery.

I also have system sounds turned down low and turned off typing sounds.

You can also download Good Guardians, Battery Guardian and check off the settings you want