JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm pretty sure your post title triggered some PTSD for some employees at Samsung 😬 (Note 7)

user204ke4Ndnq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The first day buying the S24 Ultra the battery sucked then the next two days it was awesome, I would unplug the phone at 7:30 am and still have 46 percent left at 1:30am now I have to charge it before 1:30 because it dies.
0 Likes
Lissa1976
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
oh wow, so far the battery life on my ultra has been awesome, one of the reason i like this phone.
user204ke4Ndnq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Well I get that the battery learns from your usage but it's still not that great.
0 Likes
tc8510
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to cycle the battery. 100% all the way to 0 no charging in between and don't leave connected through the night. Do that about 4-5 times and you will be back in track.

What's your avg as of now?
user204ke4Ndnq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been doing that, between 6 or 7 hours
0 Likes
tc8510
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
For context, my up and about hrs are 5am to 1030pm. I get all day usage under heavy load with about 30% left at night
JerryDavis65
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Battery life on my S24U is totally amazing. It has been awesome since day one and gets better every day. It's nothing for me to still have 50% plus left over after being disconeccted from my charger for 12-14 hours or longer each day. I'm loving this phone.!!
FCTR_dot_NET
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Lithium batteries are practically voodoo compared to alkaline batteries we're all used to. Unless you're a chemist by trade, lithium batteries behave in such a weird way that it's almost impossible to understand how they work or fail. But it sounds like your battery has ruptured and needs a replacement.
0 Likes
U22blk23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Optimize battery settings. Use standard optimized setting