Original topic:

Galaxy S24 choppy scrolling / S24 scrolling is lagging.

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 01:01 PM)
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello,

I have noticed that scrolling on my S24 is really choppy, and it looks like I am using a low-end smartphone. Me and a friend purchased similar devices, and I can see that his phone has smoother scrolling compared to mine. I have reset it four times, hoping that it was an issue with a software setting or that my previous settings might have been the cause. But it seems like there is an issue with hardware.

36 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to settings, display, motion, and make sure adaptive is turned on!
By default, it is set to standard!1706996469775.jpg
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello Robin, Thank you for responding. I have changed the refresh rate from the start. But even if it were set to be under 60Hz, the scroll should not be choppy. Even my note 20 from 2020 is smoother compared to this. The problem seems to me software.
Regards.
Serger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue for me in s24 ultra
0 Likes
Ehsan SN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Unfortunately, I am facing the same issue. I initially thought it was a hardware problem, so I changed my phone. However, the problem persists even with my new phone.

0 Likes
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello Ehsan, the problem is with the software. They might push an update soon. You can try switching to the 120hz and scroll a bit. Then try switching it back to 60Hz. It works for a while. Then it goes back to choppy scroll. We should wait for a software update.
0 Likes
Aotake
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

That happens to mine when connected to 5G network. You can try disable 5G to see if this issue persists. 

0 Likes
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I got an update for the S24. It works smoother now. Will have to wait and see if the issue returns after a while.
0 Likes
Iridium
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to the support tab here and fill out an error report. Samsung won't know to fix it until enough people point out that the scrolling is choppy/jittery.
Ferose
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The choppy scrolling is back again when i switched to Eye Comfort Shield. Hello Iridium, I will do that.
0 Likes