Original topic:

Google photos not visible in apps

(Topic created: a week ago)
MaryPops
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Dear All,

The photos I have in Google Photos are not synchronized with Samsung Gallery with this Galaxy S24 Ultra. And the apps only access to Samsung Gallery (but not to Google Photos). 

Samsung Gallery shows only a small portion of my photos (the ones sent thru whatsapp or screenshots etc)

So I cannot share my photos through any app such as mails, instagram, whatsapp, linkedin, etc...

And I shouldnt have to save each photo-every time i take one by one to samsung gallery, its insane...

I have tried every solution that I could find, gave all the permissions, cleared the caches, restarted the system, etc...

Could someone help me how to solve this problem please?

I would really be extremely  thankful.

Thank you all in advance! 

M.

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry but it would require the developers of those apps to modify the apps to look at Google photos for photos. Have you reached out to them?
MaryPops
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am sorry but i dont understand your comment. Normally we never need to ask Instagram, gmail, twitter, etc to give permission to access our photos individually! 

I just want to make sure that the photos i take with my phone or the ones in my one drive storage can be automatically sync with the samsung gallery. 

This is not first time i use samsung phone but first time such a thing happens.

Thank you in advance for your kind help. šŸ™‚

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@MaryPops "Normally we never need to ask Instagram, gmail, twitter, etc to give permission to access our photos individually!"

Correct, for photos on your phone in the phone storage. 

To access photos stored in the cloud on Google photos or Microsoft OneDrive (or other backup services) the developers of the applications will need to add the ability to reach out to the cloud service. 

MaryPops
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

Thank you. But what i need is to samsung gallery to access my google photos.

The samsung gallery only randomly shows some of the photos (some from 1 year ago-before i bought the phone-, some that other persons sent via WhatsApp or downloaded etc. 

But the gallery doesn't have full access to mt google photos, where all the photos are saved in.

If samsung gallery can access all the google photos, if they are synchronized, then i can share anything from any app. ( the apps only connect with the gallery.)

Thanks in advance, 

M.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
Some time ago, Samsung moved away from having Google Photos as the integrated backup location for photos. That is probably why you have some older photos in both locations.

Now, Samsung uses OneDrive as the integrated backup solution. So I'm afraid that Samsung most likely won't be adding the ability to directly access photos in Google Photos. In Google photos, you can enable the ability for Google Photos to back up your photos, but it isn't the other direction.
0 Likes
KJ W
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
My A71 5G (only 3 yrs old, but I uses one loud for gallery backup) didn't need special permission for Google photos to be accessed by the native gallery app. I just got the S24 ultra and have the same issue. All permissions have been granted for both apps. I can't access anything on Google photos to customize my text chat rooms.
0 Likes
Lex-C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Great. Did anyone find a solution? This is making me so mad I never would have bought this phone had I known my photos wouldn't transfer to my phone.
0 Likes
jennk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am having the same issue. Anyone figure out a solution yet?
0 Likes
usero1amPiGESy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I had to reset my phone June 17th since that time it has not worked for me either which is **bleep**
0 Likes