Original topic:

How do I stop showing both Messaging apps and just have the Google app

(Topic created: 02-12-2024 08:41 PM)
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Why can't I remove the Samsung app(not delete it) but for it not to show up like this? I'm using Google messaging for the first time since upgrading to my S24+(because of chat messages) and it won't only show Google messaging 

6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@PghLei It looks like you are clicking the Samsung Messages app icon (the icon with the 3 dots in the bubble) instead of the Google Messages app icon (the one with the blue text bubble).

You can easily delete the Samsung Messages app icon from your home screen by long pressing it and selecting remove. Then you can put the Google Messages app icon on your home screen by long pressing it and selecting Add to Home. 

PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you so much 💖
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
You can disable the Samsung messaging app. Move the Google messages app icon in its place.
Members_9cFZjYV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

google messager app is stuck on the screen with the "set defaulte SMS app"

0 Likes
userkttYeQKeIi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Why does the text message app tell me I set my default messaging but every time I open it asks which message service I want to use. I want to use the default! It's so annoying. Any suggestions? 
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
If you set the default and open the other one it'll ask. Remove the icon on dock and replace it with the one that is the default.