JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to have all photos in Gallery rather than in Files/Images????

(Topic created: 07-01-2024 10:08 AM)
imzrz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi,

So I switched from an iPhone to a Z Flip 5 last year, and my photos that were all in the iPhone Photos app transferred to the Files -> Images on my Samsung. I recently got a S24+ and its still there, but now some of the pictures that I had in my Gallery on the Z Flip 5 are in the Files Images rather than my Gallery. 

Is there any way to transfer them all back to my Gallery? I would rather them all be there than the Files Images as it isn't quick and easy. I can't seem to find anything on Samsung so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@imzrz I think that you are opening the app My File and clicking on Images. At the top it makes it look like there is a home -> Images directory but there is not. It is simply showing you all the images that the My File app has detected on your phone. 

Try  this instead. Open the My Files app. Click on Internal storage. You will see a folder called DCIM. This is where all of the photos are that are shown in Gallery. 

imzrz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you! But would you know how I can get those images in the images directory to my gallery? My issue right now is that I find it easier to have it all in one spot, but not everything is there and I dont know how to get it all there. I tried moving them from the images directory in files to the dcim but that didnt work.

Nevermind it did work! I tried it again. Thanks!!