JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Blinking black

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 09:17 AM)
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the new S24 Utra and have noticed a pesky blacking out while using. Has anyone else had this and is there a fix? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe I found the culprit! I joined a meeting on Webex and it started again!

View solution in context

4 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24

If you're experiencing blacking out issues on your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to identify and potentially resolve the problem. Here are some suggestions:

1. **Restart Your Device:**
Sometimes, temporary glitches or software issues can be resolved by simply restarting your device. Turn off your S24 Ultra, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

2. **Check for Software Updates:**
Ensure that your device's software is up-to-date. Manufacturers often release updates to address bugs and improve device performance.

- Go to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

3. **Safe Mode:**
Boot your phone in Safe Mode to check if the issue persists. Safe Mode disables third-party apps, helping you identify if a specific app is causing the problem.

- Press and hold the power button.
- Long-press the "Power off" option until you see "Safe mode."
- Tap "Safe mode" to restart your phone in Safe Mode.

If the issue doesn't occur in Safe Mode, it may be caused by a third-party app.

4. **Check Display Settings:**
Review your display settings to ensure there are no unusual configurations or settings that might be causing the screen to black out.

- Go to Settings > Display.
- Check settings like brightness, sleep, and screen timeout.

5. **Screen Lock Settings:**
Some users have reported blacking out issues when using specific screen lock settings, such as "Smart Lock." Try using a different screen lock method and see if the issue persists.

- Go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Screen lock type.

6. **Factory Reset (as a Last Resort):**
If the issue persists, you may consider performing a factory reset. Keep in mind that this will erase all data on your device, so be sure to back up important information first.

- Go to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.

7. **Contact Samsung Support:**
If none of the above steps resolves the issue, it's advisable to contact Samsung support. There may be specific troubleshooting steps or potential solutions based on the details of your device and the reported issue.

LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you mean the dark (black) background aka Dark Mode?
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
No, it completely goes blank. I hands rebooted a couple of times and it seems to be working now
Solution
JoseAA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe I found the culprit! I joined a meeting on Webex and it started again!