Original topic:

Missing default app icons

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
cjride
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have installed several mobile apps that I use for such things as banking. One of my apps used to show the default icon from when I installed the app. Now all I have is a white icon. Several more of my default apps such as gallery had it's icon changed. I've called samsung and have searched the internet but have not found a solution

Iwentto themes the icons and my stuff but it only show 9 apps andnoe of them are the ones that have changed. Sheri go to settings and apps the correct icons arethere.
16 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you rebooted your phone? Sometimes it's a temporary glitch. Can probably be cleared by rebooting or, if that fails, deleting the cache partition. You could also try looking for a free icon pack that you like, switch to that, see if those icons are no longer blank and, if you like the new theme keep it, if you don't, switch back to the default and see if that unconfused your phone.
0 Likes
cjride
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did already try rebooting. I like the default icons that came withe the instalation. I also un-installed and reinstalled the app.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
The suggestion was meant to determine if it's just a glitch. Change the theme and see if you still have blank icons. If you don't chage it back to default. You don't really seem to want help, since you are rejecting every suggestion.
0 Likes
cjride
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So changing the theme will change the icons? I neverchanged the theme to begin with. They just changed.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@cjride Have you tried going to phone settings -> Themes -> 3 line menu (lower right) -> My stuff and selecting Default? 

0 Likes
cjride
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. But there are only 9 icons there.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
No, make sure Themes is selected and then click Default to invoke the Default Theme.
0 Likes
cjride
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't want themes, I want icons.

I already tried that as in my first post.
0 Likes
cjride
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to send photos I can make screenshot and post them. One picture is worth a thousand words. I just figured out how to do that. Let me get busy.
0 Likes