Original topic:

My new Galaxy S24 Ultra display will not stay on

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
user3NUOT6xVZZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Samsung Support Community,

I just bought a new Galaxy S24 Ultra phone and I love it -- especially the cameras.  But the display will not stay on for more than 15 seconds.  I have set the Screen timout in Settings  for  both 1 min and 2 min, but the display always times out after 15 seconds.  Is there a fix for this?  Thanks.

Zaffer

0 Likes
11 Replies
edgar17
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This issue may be caused by a software glitch or power saving mode. Accessibility features such as magnifier or TalkBack can also affect the screen timeout.
0 Likes
user3NUOT6xVZZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks Asteroid,

I don't have TalkBack or magnifier installed and I tried turning off all power saving modes -- no luck.  Is there anything else I can try.  Is there a way to contact Samsung about this glitch?  Thanks.

Zaffer

0 Likes
dandity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have just been informed that the s24 ultra is old news now and old tech. You should just upgrade to their newest phone(s)
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

What are you talking about?  The S24 just came out. it *is* the newest phone.

dandity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This is what I was told today in this forum..."Because the zfold 6 and z flip 6 are brand new phones that cost way more, so they are focusing their attention to those breakthrough tech phones first. S24 ultra is old news now"
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

And not everyone wants a foldable, flippable phone, not to mention spend the money for one, and it does not mean that Samsung will stop support for their current line of phones.

You do know people speak out of their butts, don't you? Unless you heard it from an official Samsung release, it's bunk. Everyone wants to think they know something or have an inside track.

user3NUOT6xVZZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Interesting discussion about the relative newness of Samsung Galaxy phones, but does anybody have a solution to my question about my display timing out?

0 Likes
dandity
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I do not have this issue, however, I have mine set to 10min with the option to keep the screen on while viewing. It doesn't stay on for 10min but depending on the situation (whether or not I am looking at it) for minutes at a time... šŸ˜‚
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I have mine set to stay on while viewing but don't think my phone recognizes me because it won't stay on even while I'm in the middle of reading something and holding the phone up in front of my face. Unless I touch the screen to "refresh" its timing.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes