JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No translator button on Samsung Internet?

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 06:50 PM)
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm evaluating switching over from Chrome. I see online that there is supposed to be a translator button on the menu inside the Samsung browser but it is missing from my menu. I download the addon but it does nothing. Am I missing something to get the translator option? 

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I tried it, looks to me like it is the same as the new Galaxy AI translate feature. I think what's happening is they hid the addon since it is replaced by the AI function instead and because the beta doesn't have it, the add on is there . Thanks for letting me know!
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

You're Very Welcome !!!

I'm actually using the Samsung browser as default. Thats why I kept looking for a solution. 🙂

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
What were you using before? I'm using chrome now and trying to see if I can use Samsung for good
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Opera for years. Then Microsoft Edge, Firefox and now Samsung. 😄

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you found a way in Samsung to see your recent searches come up when you click in the URL bar? In Chrome if you typed a search or a place before, it will show up in Google as a recent searches item, in Samsung it only shows suggested searches even if you already searched for a specific term before, it doesn't recognize it. Maybe not important for you but it's really useful for me that it shows I searched for that term before
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

I only noticed this yesterday night. And it's a big deal for me too. 🙁

Let me try finding a solution.

0 Likes
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks. I did a little bit of research but no luck
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24

Just checked the beta version. And it works.

I'm not familiar with the Samsung browser, so I don't known if it's a missing feature or something that can be switched on somewhere in settings.

I'll keep trying finding a solution.

msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll check it out thanks. You know I just also discovered if you lookup a business and tap the call button, you have to use the Google dialer, I was trying to get used to the Samsung dialer. The weird thing is that even if I use a browser like bing and hit the button it still comes up to use the Google dialer . Which dialer do you use
0 Likes
msvd10
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Looks like they fixed the dialer issue in the beta also. The beta is just missing the AI features now
0 Likes