JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 09:05 PM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
rsbrux
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks, but when I tap "Notifications" in "Email settings" (2nd of your screenshots) I don't get "Notification categories" (3rd of your screenshots). Instead, I get "App notifications", which only has on/off, silent, lock screen and badge options, no categories. I tried toggling the email notifications off and on, but that had no effect. I have an S23 Ultra running Android 14 (March update) and Email version 6.1.91.13 (just updated).

0 Likes
blerd2301
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine has been doing it since the update and my photo ambient wallpaper stopped working as well
userEqO6xQBZpP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue
cdonze
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same issue
cozmos001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same problem. It came after an auto update. . I believe samsung is aware of the need for a fix. I see 8 comments but are not coming up. The original post on this was deleted. Whats going on?
0 Likes
blerd2301
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Does anyone know how to stop the email app from running in background when it's not even open or been left opened?? 
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you referring to the sync notification

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually have had the issue as well, but its gone now. I think i forceclosed or something to get rid of it.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
I was also having the same issue with Samsung Email running in the background constantly. Recently started right after the update. I did a temporary fix by uninstalling the app and installing the version right before this newest one. I am not updating the app until it is updated again and fixed. You can download the APK at the link below.

https://www.filemail.com/d/xforcusnbjnidzi

The newest version that is bugged is 6.1.91.13

The version in the link is 6.1.90.16
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Hard press the app >click info>mobile data>toggle off allow background data usage.