JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-05-2024 11:10 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
oldguy69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having same problem email will run in background and not been open. I have force closed it and a little while later it will start running again and I've not even opened email. I have the lasted update thus just started on 5-3
0 Likes
AndresPoni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Email running permanent on background and constantly synching even background run and synching are turned off. Anybody knows how to stop it?
0 Likes
blerd2301
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's constantly running in background
0 Likes
AndresPoni
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Sorry . Phone is S24 ultra
0 Likes
blerd2301
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24

I was also having the same issue with Samsung Email running in the background constantly. Recently started right after the update. I did a temporary fix by uninstalling the app and installing the version right before this newest one. I am not updating the app until it is updated again and fixed. You can download the APK at the link below.

https://www.filemail.com/d/xforcusnbjnidzi

The newest version that is bugged is 6.1.91.13

The version in the link is 6.1.90.16

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
It's a bug from the newest update. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version. At least until Samsung gets the app fixed, then I'll fully update it. Hope this helps
0 Likes
diazperezernesto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Alguien tiene problemas con la app de correo de Samsung qué está activamente sincronizando....
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah its a bug with the notification right now 

Open your email app select the 3 lines - tap the gear - tap notifications - select Notification Categories - scroll to the bottom and toggle off Email sync notifications and re toggle it on and the notification will reset.

Sí, es un error con la notificación en este momento.

Abra su aplicación de correo electrónico, seleccione las 3 líneas, toque el engranaje, toque notificaciones, seleccione Categorías de notificación, desplácese hasta la parte inferior y desactive las notificaciones de sincronización de correo electrónico, vuelva a activarlas y la notificación se restablecerá.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userRLXwJxYdPp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same problem
0 Likes