JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification for syncing emails... won't go away

(Topic created: 05-06-2024 12:22 AM)
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Starting either late last night or this morning there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  I think this was caused by some update in the past few days but not sure how to go back to prior.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

Any pros know if there is a fix in the works?  Thanks.

183 Replies
userMOAKxrr37h
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Well, this is page 8.  There are tons of speculative solutions that you can try, but none of them remove the background search.  Best solution is to restore prior application.  My solution is to uninstall the app and just use google mail.  The final solution will be when an updated app is offered by Samsung in the play store or samsung shop.

0 Likes
Neolyn Pillay
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is what to do.

Go to Settings > Device Care > Memory > Memory Resident apps.

Remove Samsung Email if it is in the list or put in Deep Sleep if you have the option.

Problem solved.

0 Likes
djhollywood406
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Good afternoon. I spoke with Samsung and found a solution that so far is working. Go to: Settings-Apps-top right corner(three dots)-then click reset app preferences. So far it has not come back after doing this. 

0 Likes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I just clicked & held down the notification & the option to Turn Off appeared so I clicked it & it's FINALLY gone. None of the other mentioned fixes worked for me.
0 Likes
userVEfaQSU5pH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

That did not help for me

0 Likes
10a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

As from today, there is an e-mail icon in the left corner and notification of "syncing emails...."  and notification says "1 active in background>.  When I click on that it says check background activity and notes email is running.  Not sure if this is using battery to keep trying to sync.

I've cleared the cache, closed the program, etc but nothing seems to fix this.

BigTieHillATL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here. I deleted a bunch of apps thinking I may have been compromised 🤣
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
It's a bug in the notification
Open the email app - tap the 3 line menu on the left - tap the gear - select notifications - tap notification categories - scroll to the bottom and toggle off and then back on sync notification and it will reset the notification 1714989029373.jpg1714989029406.jpg1714989029474.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Saz_Baz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey Gary!

Your solution takes the notification away, but not the background usage... 

1000027127.jpg

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
I think that's just a bug right right now since mine shows 0 battery usage since a full charge it only started showing up when the email app update 3 days ago
1714991873201.jpg1714991873218.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes