Original topic:

Purchased S24 overseas, live in US how to exchange ?

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 08:52 PM)
None11
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hi guys,

I received an S24 as a gift in India, but battery is dying quickly, it's overheating & network is quite poor.

How can I exchange this for a US model? 
Both Samsung USA & India are refusing to help,stating that their respective warranties only apply within their country.

I'm at a loss. 

Thank you 
13 Replies
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Would seem it would be in India to get warranty work since it is where you got it
0 Likes
None11
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yep, and I live in USA. Not possible. In fact Samsung India isn't even giving me the address to where i can send it.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe the website can help off top my head I seem to remember a request warranty type repair option dint think is real name of it but get idea log into India site and your device info and check all I can think of
0 Likes
None11
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They are just completely useless. I've spoken to them many times on WhatsApp. It's weird how clueless they are,they can't even give me a mailing address to return the phone.
0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Best advice would be get a new phone here
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
You should change your CSC- Country Specific Code to United States and flash your phone with your US service provider firmware by Samsung to get back to level playing field so as to speak, problems solved. If you don't want to make these changes yourself take phone to Samsung service center and they will do it for a fee, it's not difficult it's a technical expertise issue. šŸ˜Ž

Cheers
3Fees
None11
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Appreciate it. I guess that's at least 1 thing. I had taken to a store already the guy said these issues are common in S24 & he's seen this plenty as it's a manufacturing defect.
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
In India phone bands are 900 and 1800, in United States 850 and 1900. Your phone is not defective at all, I repeat this change your csc to US and firmware to United States or CSC that uses the same bands used here in the United States, your India firmware is looking for India phone bands not United States ones. Your India firmware is tailored to India broadcast wavelengths the best officially licensed and to much lesser extent non India phone licensed bandwidths.

This comes up quite a bit with pacific rim made phones that are tailored to the pacific rim countries and then sold here in the United States and have connection issues , no 5G, etc.

This is not the case with Samsung Galaxy phone you have.

I already walked one person from India with a United States phone setup to changing it to an India phone setup, your's the reverse of this , this was on a different forum yet a Samsung Galaxy phone.

Cheers
3Fees
None11
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I understand what you're saying,the reason I'm saying this is because these issues were occurring even before I left the country.

Overheating, battery draining & shoddy network.

I'll definitely do the switch. It's with Samsung repair as soon as I get it back, I'll switch it over.

Thank you so much.
0 Likes