JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S 24: Creating Routine for DND

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 07:59 AM)
user87yMaGtICy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Maybe I'm doing this wrong but I have my sleep schedule to turn off at 630am, and my DND (on the actual DND setting) to turn off at 8am. However, modes seems to overwrite it and it turns off at 630am. How do I keep DND on till 8am like it's supposed to? Or does this Samsung software not understand and not allow it SMH. 

5 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Since DND is incorporated into the sleep mode functionality, it is turning off at that time because you have it set to do that. You might be able to create a routine that turns DND back on after sleep mode is turned off though.
user87yMaGtICy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh I didn't think of turning it back on. Sounds complicated šŸ™„ but might have to try it. But yeah, I kinda figured as much. But thought that since they were different and separate functions, they'd act as such, even though as you mentioned, you can use DND in a routine. I guess I'm also just used to pixel and how its DND stayed on. Ugh. This was the answer I didn't want to hear. Thanks for responding though and confirming
0 Likes
Pacificaner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It is easy to toggle DND. I actually use an app (s*und sch*duler) that makes my ringtone default to silent (ringtone and also text notification) , and my important contacts can still ring thru with their standard ring. Works best probably with not too many contact numbers and or just a few important family members that you don't mind getting important calls 24/7. The app also allows you to select custom rings and notification sounds based on time of day and also on different days. As I value sleep I disable all sound notifications to my phone, as it becomes questionable to me the worth of your phone pinging all day long.
0 Likes
Pacificaner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I would make your sleep schedule primary to include hours that you definitely want it in Sleep . When I look in my settings pull down menu and set sleep mode, the DND goes on automatically however you can toggle it off. By default I believe the DND is On when you first turn on the sleep mode.
user87yMaGtICy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah but my thing is I set it up to gray scale and block access to apps and etc in hopes that it helps me get to bed earlier (spoiler alert: it doesn't šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€:male_sign:) but I set it up and want all that stuff to turn off in the morning if I wake up so I can actually use it, but don't want the sounds to go off if it's the weekend or I'm able to sleep in. From what it sounds like and what I expected, it's all doable, just not as convenient as DND or modes would make it seem. Thanks