Original topic:

S-Pen not working on mid-screen

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 07:57 PM)
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

What I'm wondering is if anyone is having issues with the S-pen? This is my first device with a S-Pen and when I'm trying to write on mid screen it misses but have to keep going over the same spot a few times then it'll write. On other parts of screen,it works flawlessly. Is it supposed to do this?

14 Replies
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
No Mines fine run a diagnosict test. To see if you have a bad sector.
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks, I'll try that.
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
You're welcome.
0 Likes
userp6tZtQKudk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
By any chance is there a magnet in your phone case? Magnets can and will often mess up functions with the spen.
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No I only have a pop socket with a metal circle that I attach to the magnetic holder in my truck. The holder part that's attached to the windshield is the magnetic part. I have tried taking off case and using it without nothing on and still does it. Only thing affixed to the screen is Samsung's screen protector that came with the phone, but I installed it flawlessly.
0 Likes
userp6tZtQKudk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you run the diagnostic test here in Members? It will have you run the pen over your entire screen and show any bad sectors. Other than that I'm at a loss. You might have to get it to a service center.
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I did under the diagnostics in settings and came back normal and did make contact with all the squares, I only tried using the pen on Samsung notes and prenup. It's always right in the middle part of screen on both apps. I've tried using the reset pen option too even. I'm hoping it's software related and not hardware related. I'm hoping a update perhaps fixes it. I traded in my Galaxy S21 ultra 512GB to this phone. Already sent it back too at that.1706939464697.jpg1706939464734.jpg
0 Likes
userp6tZtQKudk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
That's crazy. You're right it must be a software glitch that will hopefully correct itself. I wouldn't worry too much. I'm trading in my S22 Ultra for this. Only picked up the phone on Wednesday. Hopefully a smooth transition.
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah that's what I'm hoping it is and I'll be patient. Hopefully they address it. This is my 1st phone with a S-pen and so far I'm not impressed with the experience lol like how others made the S-pen sound in the past.
0 Likes