Original topic:

S-Pen not working on mid-screen

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 07:57 PM)
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

What I'm wondering is if anyone is having issues with the S-pen? This is my first device with a S-Pen and when I'm trying to write on mid screen it misses but have to keep going over the same spot a few times then it'll write. On other parts of screen,it works flawlessly. Is it supposed to do this?

14 Replies
userS4ZDWK857N
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This happened to me but with the 22.. pretty frustrating
WereBrian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Okay so I'm not like the only one it's happen too, did your issue on the S22 resolve itself like with a update? It is frustrating which that's one reason I upgraded to the S24 because I wanted to try the S-pen being the S21 didn't have one which started on the S22 series.
0 Likes
useratDIcHAbdY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes. You are right.

Magsafe 3rd party product with High magnetic will caused S-Pen mulfunction especially at the middle of the screen.

0 Likes
Cmo583
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
*edit* the screen protector was causing the issue, weird for it to only be in that area though. will try something else.

does anyone else have an issue with the screen, specifically the center/east part of the screen. s pen barely responsive in this area, and touch less responsive. 
Amir_Elremely
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I encountered the same issue you described and reported it to the official Samsung service center for replacement, despite not using a screen protector or any type of case, moreover recording a video of the glitch, Unfortunately, they didnā€™t acknowledge the problem.

As a result, I had to return the phone and receive a refund.

Although Iā€™m tempted to buy the phone again due to its impressive features, Iā€™m concerned that this issue might be widespread.

Perhaps only those who use the pinup and handwriting features in Samsung Notes notice it and cannot tolerate it.

I wonder if this issue could be related to the new screen technology.

You can check the glitch video here

https://youtube.com/shorts/ybglMdlnJ3Y?si=6sl_pfNbYjws-oo1