Original topic:

S24 Display Quality & AOD Missing Options

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 03:01 PM)
Locoblade
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi All

I've just got my S24+ today to upgrade my trusty but ageing S10+ having not strayed from Samsung for almost 10 years. Naturally I was hoping it would be an upgrade in all departments but although on the whole it is, there's several annoying and unexpected downgrades that are making me seriously question whether it's actually worth spending quite a bit of money to change.

Firstly, the screen although pin sharp is really washed out. Even in vivid mode the colours are dull and the blacks are significantly more grey than the S10 screen, and even look washed out when put alongside my wife's budget spec A52! I've played around with brightness and colour tone etc but I can't dial it out, and my cousin who's got an S24 Ultra said exactly the same when comparing it against the S22 it's replacing.

Then there's some bizarre features missing from OneUI 6.1, the ones I've noticed so far are specifically in the Always On Display settings.  I use AOD to display as a bedside clock,  with my S10 and also in OneUI 6.0 / Android 14 on the A52 you can rotate the AOD to landscape orientation and control the brightness, you could even do the latter from the AOD lock screen by tapping twice on the clock to access the brightness slider. In OneUI 6.1 unless I'm missing something it seems all that functionality is missing, the brightness of the AOD is linked to the main screen brightness setting which is far too bright for overnight use, and you can't set it to landscape mode which I'd prefer when on it's horizontal night stand next to the bed. Why this functionality would be omitted I have no idea, but it's really annoying! Please someone enlighten me to some hidden menu somewhere that fixes all these issues?! šŸ™‚

JUMP TO SOLUTION
3,243 Replies
ArnelaTuzlak
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Helloooooo, j

1000009421.jpg

ā€ƒ

ust wanted to say that I just fixed s24+, from my dad. He bought it in Bosnia and Herzegowina and his display was green tone. He had s21+ and transfered his data with smart switch. That means he transfered his all data, settings etc. On older phones ( I have s22+ ) we have option filter colors, every color individually. On s24+ we have more extensive option. I opened settings, then Accessibility, then Vision enhancements, then Filter colors and I just turn it off. Display is normal, and his phone is working perfectly. This happened only with customers who did transfer his data with smart switch and his settings from old to new phone. Good luck from Bosnia:) 

0 Likes
juraimi77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S24 Ultra has the same issue. I tried adjusting the white balance and restarting my phone several times, but there's still no difference. Any solution

users5VWt9pnQs
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Every single person who has the device is being affected. Approx 1.2 million 

Bright Light
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Seemingly apart from all the main tech reviewers who didn't mention it at all... 

Chris64
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm not, I think the colours are fine

0 Likes
user4diXfwhoso
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Could you also please look into Always On Display issue where clock/date widgets, customization, option to pick a color and clock dimness are missing in AOD settings on S24 model? 

user8TrsLsbEKR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue washed out colours, vivid making no difference brightness not as high as s22 ultra.

Using s24 ultra, model SM-S928B/DS, Vodafone UK, one ui 6.1, baseband version S928BXXU1AWM9, Kernel version 6.1.25-android14-11-28243294-abS928BXXU1AWM9 #1 Thu Dec 28 05:43:30 UTC 2023 .

PXL_20240127_095537480.jpg

ā€ƒ

rohitghali
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

How is this thread marked solved? It still is not solved until it is fixed with an update.

RBSLC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung S24 Ultra - T Mobile. Screen is washed out, dull, muted colors.
Calel16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I am having this problem with my S24 Ultra and will return if update doesnt fix it in a few days.

Build=AWM9 and OneUI 6.1, Android Version 14