Original topic:

S24 Picture changes color automatically

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 01:27 PM)
CrossaintMom
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Why is the S24 changing my color saturation after taking a pic? I'm happy with the shot, but the phone will then apply a "filter" and make the pic look awful. I can't figure out how to turn off. Really annoying
0 Likes
OscarKo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, fully agree!

OscarKo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Fully agree!

0 Likes
dpikeas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Any solution, disable HDR and optimizer to minimum but issue remains?

0 Likes
dpikeas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Anyone try camera assistant app from samsung store?

0 Likes
dpikeas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I disable all features, and much better for 12MP camera...

0 Likes
Jrsmolik
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I figured out the solution, I'm a photographer (IG @Jrsmolik) and can't have the contrast/sat being messed with when trying to preview my lighting setups.

It's a little double-circle icon near your zoom levels, to the left, called "Focus Enhancer", focus on your subject then tap that till it goes white/grey instead of yellow. Then it's off.

Apparently it does a ton of post-process on it, so if you need accurate colors & levels, turn it off.

If Samsung is to make an adjustment, I'd say to always have that icon visible instead of just when AF is adjusting, and also not have it on by default so we can actively turn it on.

CrossaintMom
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok going to try that!
0 Likes
patanjali
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Maybe you can try that. Go to the gallery app. In the bottom right corner click on 3 lines icon and then go to settings. Turn off Super HDR option. It works for me. Regards

Melani Kriel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you managed to solve this issue? It is soooooooo frustrating!!!

0 Likes
CrossaintMom
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
No I haven't. I just keep my camera on 12 MP even though quality is less, it doesn't mess with the colors
0 Likes