Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 04:07 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
spcsc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
If you used pro mode. You can try lowering the cameras ISO so it takes in less light.
0 Likes
PeterTheKorean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I know how to take photo with pro mode. I am talking about auto editing after taking photo, not just too much light due to high iso nor long expoaure time
Options
Galaxy S24
How do you know the overexposure is due to editing and not in fact poor exposure control ?
0 Likes
PeterTheKorean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
it looks okay if you enter the preview as fast as possible, but soon after it does auto editing
PeterTheKorean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Screenshot_20240201_090656_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240201_090659_Gallery.jpgThese are the two screenshots; first one is screenshot right after taking photo, and second one is after it's done with auto editing

userTLqqibPTOZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
When using the 50MP or 200MP lenses it auto edits and absolutely ruins otherwise good photos. The sample desktop is subtle but it takes pictures of my son and makes him look like a zombie creating dark spots all over his eyes and cheeks... looks great in the gallery for about 5 seconds then the processing finishes and the photos are forever ruined. Tech support suggests only using 200 MP for special events so the rubbish algorithm only destroys photos on birthdays? Ridiculous
0 Likes
PeterTheKorean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
that is such a wrong information by tech support, as I cant even choose 200MP in pro mode lol and all these photos ive shared is 12MP šŸ„²
0 Likes
userTLqqibPTOZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It ruins photos in regular mode too if you change from the default 12MP to 50 or 200
0 Likes
PeterTheKorean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
oh yeap. ive already gave up on regular mode as ai auto editing requires so much more data, but pro mode is what im taliing about whre it should save photos as RAW file without editing
0 Likes
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

I get a slight increase in brightness, maybe that's just the switch from the preview jpg to the actual dng. The embedded preview is darker, same thing happens in Lightroom, first shows the darker preview, then after decoding the slightly brighter raw data.

What I find more concerning is that the dng seems to have worse highlight recovery than the accompanying jpg. I also can't see any potential in recovering shadows. This used to be better on older phones.