Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 07:07 AM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
userFZyNL0fbob
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the plus and came from the s23 and I too am experiencing this. Samsung hasn't helped me the support person disconnected
0 Likes
user4CRFpXPYiD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I seem to have the same issue with s24 plus
0 Likes
Conan2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi everyone

Just received my s24 U today and l've realised that the front camera quality it's so bad during video calls such as FB messenger.

I've tried to tweak the settings but no luck. Literally my old s21 front camera is faaaaar better during video calls.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Have you tried other apps?  Facebook Messenger may just need to be updated to recognize this new device, and may be using generic drivers for now.  Please check with the developers to see if they have an update or if their app is compatible with your device, which technically releases Tomorrow (1/31/2024)

Conan2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I've tried other apps such as Instagram, it's a bit better but the quality it's noticeably not good. 

Also the rear camera quality when I use 50mb or 200mb isn't as good as 12mb. 

Not sure it's only my device is faulty or a software bug.

0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

Probably a software bug, in apps not developed for the S24, so need updates for full compatibility.  This device is new, give the third party developers time to implement it's features.

0 Likes
Ealneas
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have thesame. Had this issue with s23 ultra and thesame with s24 ultra. My s21ultra was way better for video calls...

0 Likes
penguinturtle
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
You're not the only one. I'm thinking of trading in my phone for something else.
0 Likes
Samsung_ci8iSYl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Having the same exact issue when using fb messenger. Before taking a pic from messenger it looks fine then after taking it it blurs out the pic. it's worst when you're in very little light. I've gone through samsung service about this and they said they're aware of it and there should be an update for it but has not come. 

0 Likes
Cmo583
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
any1 else have an issue with the zoom being real grainy?