Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 07:41 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
Jimmyjackson
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine was the same....couldn't focus on objects when zooming in and the pictures came out blurry looking like an oil painting it's nowhere near as good as the s23 ultra..I returned my s24 for a refund 

user1J6Iwv2r7r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Me too. I think S24 Ultra made the worst camera ever.
0 Likes
MsDior
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I absolutely AGREE! THIS CAMERA :camera: IS HORRIBLE!
I thought it may have just been the one that mailed me since the hype and advertisement was GOOD & ENTICING! All settings no matter what is dark and gloomy looking hue, Video looks as if it picks up static as you can see small particles moving around...YES! I am talking about the grainy look. I'm so annoyed right now😠😡
0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

That baby is so cute lol. So I found this older thread with troubleshooting steps for quality of camera. May can try these out see if it helps at all? 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Any-help-with-fixing-the-camera-quality-after-my-phon... 

0 Likes
natx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Please help me figure out why my videos are coming out pixaled when sending through samsung messages and google 
S24 ultra
0 Likes
natx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Also, my husband has the same issue with his phone trying to send to me.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Are you both using RCS or only one of you? Samsung is retiring their messages app so a lot of carriers dropping RCS for Jibe servers from Google.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@natx8 SMS/MMS has a file size limit which often causes videos to be unusable. If RCS is enabled and working for everyone on the message, it can work but it still has a limit.

If you want to share a video, use QuickShare. If you are local to the other person, they get a copy of the original file immediately. If not, it allows you to send a link to the original file to the recipients. 

OR use a messaging service which actually allows larger file sizes. This includes WhatsApp, Signal, FB Messenger, etc. 

0 Likes
natx8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't even know what that is or how to turn it off or on, I can't find that on the fetures here only the Google a d I've tried Turing it off on Google messenger and the videos still are too large to send at 4 seconds
0 Likes
MatteBlackGuitar
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Soo my experience, I have an iPhone 11 that I'm waiting for to die as my main phone and I have this new s24; I noticed that when I sent a video from my s24 directly to the iPhone the quality went super down hill, but when I sent the video via a third party app like fb messenger the quality remained good, I feel it's something on apples end that they dimmenish the quality on purpose🤷🏾 now I send the photos and videos that I want to be on my iPhone via Facebook messenger and I download them from that app and the quality stays good I never send them from my Galaxy number to the iphones messages app I just believe they knock it down to make the Android look bad 🤷🏾 my theory and in my opinion this new s24s camera is Blowing this iPhone 11 out of the WATER! This is a picture I took in a dark room last night I was at a wine tasting, I took so videos on that iPhone 11 and it's was nothing to be seen nothing worth sharing but THIS! 😮 💨 😍 BABY THESE PHOTOS ARE WORTH SHARING!!20240210_160701_1000001839_1707599227.jpg20240210_160655_1000001838_1707599222.jpg
0 Likes