Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 12:52 PM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
485 Replies
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
There's camera bugs right now. Wait for patch. Use raw camera app . It's way better
0 Likes
userRuvPamrWzx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same...fam member was in movement and shot was blurry/skipping. Same shot with note9 was oure gold. People critiquing shooting mode have no idea what they're talking about. That's not how the cameras worked before, or should be working now.

Teezmonkey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Here is what i think is the problem.  AUTO mode is just way to **bleep** sensitive.  If you set the camera up and dont move it it does pretty good, BUT if you start panning with the camera all **bleep** breaks loose.  The camera just go crazy trying to adjust too much stuff causing frame skips, blurs, jaggedness, just making videos look bad.  Now i have always used automatic mode on previous phone which was a note 10+ and that phone didnt do all this.  So i messed around with the pro video mode on the s24 ultra and locked in iso and shutter speed and the camera did much better.  Now i dont want to have to use pro mode to get a good looking video, i want to be able to pull out my phone and hit record and get a pretty decent video like my note 10+ could.  I think they have the auto modes just setup way too sensitive and hopefully they make some updates

0 Likes
Cmo583
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
anyone else experience finicky and very grainy picture quality when on 12 MP and zoomed out? and will this be fixed with the update?
raymie454
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes I do
0 Likes
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Use the camera assistant app and disable the option for automatic lens switch (it switches lenses according to light conditions and such. . I believe the next update it's gonna have some fixes also about zoom.. but I most of the time keep it off... depending on the moment I want to capture.. I've been doing that since the s22 ultra
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm very disappointed in Samsung and the S24 ultra. The phone has developed a long list of problems reported by customers. I have a few of my own which I've posted here on this forum. I just noticed another issue this morning. When I use the camera to record a video I noticed the video skipping and jumping while I pan left or right. The focus also goes in and out slightly. It ruins the entire video on play back. How can a flagship phone like this hit the market with so many bugs in it's software? Samsung needs to correct all of these issues ASAP or risk alienating loyal customers. But we hear nothing from Samsung. I'm seriously considering returning my phone and keep my S22 ultra. Maybe even buy an I phone.

Conan2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same issue! The camera quality it's really bad compared to my old device. Also the camera has a black tint when you do video call on social media. Plus the display is very dull compared to my old phone. Hopefully an update will solve all these issues but to be quite frankly I'm very disappointed. If there's no update ASAP, I'll return my device.

Options
Galaxy S24
Well, you could always return it and go for an iPhone or be patient and wait for their next bug software release which should be pushed to consumers any day from now.
vjc789
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
But to reassure customers, Samsung needs to put out a news release on the Samsung Members app explaining why these new phones have so many issues and how and when they will fix them. Because if I have to wait longer than the next 25 days, I'll not be able to return the phone.