Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-25-2024 08:39 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
T0rIIGa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I also am coming from an S21U. The s21U's speakers are better, camera is better at capturing details because it doesn't have AI blurring images, display is still more vibrant after the update. I'm confused as to what happened. It's always felt like a linear upgrade with a Galaxy, especially if I skipped a couple gens. I feel like despite the better processor, the s21u is better in many ways compared to the s24u. Like why???

0 Likes
userEv5xYIQ8Za
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Agreed. 

20240223_221003.jpg

ā€ƒ

20240223_220432.jpg

ā€ƒ

Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Color reproduction is way off now. White balance skews yellow for everything. Unbelievably bad. 

0 Likes
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

@usersAEGA932mn if you can't fix it, just say so.

0 Likes
handsomeholland
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

camera is indeed worse, samsung has to know this!

0 Likes
zzy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I thought the camera performance was pretty solid coming from an iPhone 14 pro. I could shoot raw photos and I was blown away how nice all of the details were captured in the 1x and 5x 50MP expert raw app. Sure it need some work in lightroom but all in all solid performance. After hearing all the rumors about the update, that it will improve the camera performance I was sure this would be my next phone to keep. After the update I was in complete shock seeing it was a downgrade in camera performance. The 5X is completely ruined because it produces over sharpened garbage and that is with expert raw app. Shooting just in regular mode is unusable. I don't know if it is my phone but I doubt it since I had some amazing photos taken before with the same lens, same lighting conditions and even low light. Speaking of low light I cannot believe the amount of noise that simple point and shoot photos produce and even the overall algorithm for computing the raw files in expert raw is a bit worse for me. I am truly disappointed seeing this is actually a step backwards. I had Samsung phones all my life and gave the iPhone 14 pro a chance for a year after deciding to go back to Samsung. I will be returning the phone! @usersAEGA932mn 

0 Likes
userBx6UoLCSxw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree the photos look like s*** worse than any phone I've had yet. They need to get this fixed.
0 Likes
dobrien
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Went from s21 ultra to s24 ultra and I agree. I just thought I wasn't doing something correctly
0 Likes
Axutin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same. My s21 ultra took as good if not better quality pictures.  Otherwise happy with s24u, but the cameras are disapointment.

0 Likes
doomstrike
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I also returned my device today after I couldn't get a single photo of the S24Ultra being better over another phone (not even the S7). 

Here are my comparison pics. Seems there are cameras that work and those that don't like me and OP. 

I'm hoping the samsung engineering team do a analysis on such returned devices and maybe reach out to us who returned it. Overall I did love the S24Ultra over the other phones but for me my first priority is image quality of photos taken by the device. Would have been the perfect phone if the camera was good (or there wasn't post processing and raw quality images).

0 Likes