Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
sccp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the S24. The pictures taken are worse than my S10 especially indoor. My wife purchased the iPhone 15 pro. The pictures are brighter, colors are more vivid. Tried minimize the Intelligent Processing and made no difference. Very disappointed with Samsung. Why mugged with the software when it has been working so well, beating the iPhone quality.
0 Likes
Moonbase1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My S21 Ultra and my brother's S23 Ultra are fine. Whatever Samsung did to the S24 Ultra really **bleep** up the camera and video for that matter.
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Try 50MP/200MP photos and you will be amazed how successful Samsung is to ruin quality!! Oily, smudgy without details.... It's a regret...When I see how Google and Apple can take full MP photos with clarity and great details....Samsung software is a total mess! And they have locked 50/200MP modules so no Gcam developer can fix Samsung's mess!

Try Gcam to get normal 12MP photo and see how great sensors are....it's just their sh.. software to ruin everything. I believe Samsung engineers are so incapable...All they do is to copy or follow Apple (design, color...).

0 Likes
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Today I got the February software update that was supposed to improve camera functions. Unfortunately, the super telephoto still produces photos that are very grainy compared to the S21 Ultra. There is no difference compared to before the update.  Additionally, I have to report that extreme post processing still gets applied to raw images, blowing them out and making them far granier than the S21 Ultra would. There must be more to this than software ...or Samsung didn't include fixes in this update. 

Time for a Pixel.

user2EmWFAU6Do
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I see the same thing. While the screen colors improved with the vivid mode adjustments, the camera still sucks. Pictures have insane amount of noise and they get heavily processed after taking the photo. Whatever you see on the screen while taking the photo looks nothing like a final picture
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm genuinely interested in knowing what settings you all are using for the cameras on your S24 Ultras. In my experience, the cameras are outstanding. I don't know what could be happening on some people's devices for them to say that they're so bad? Is everyone using the camera assistant? From photos to video, im getting great results.
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, I have tried all the things. Multiple times. For weeks. Nothing has changed. Camera assistant doesn't seem to do much of anything for raw photos. Expert raw is not raw. 50mp raw is just upscaled 12mp with wierd worm-like patterns added to it. 

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
It really makes me wonder if there are some hardware problems out there on some of the devices that were shipped. My camera is literally the best smartphone camera I have ever tested, and I have tested countless numbers of phones. Are you still in the return window?
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Another thing I just thought of: when I first got my devices, I put lens covers on them. I wasnā€™t able to take good photos with the lens covers on, so I took them off. I just thought of that. I donā€™t know if you use lens covers or not?
0 Likes
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

No lens covers or films. The key here is raw. A lot of people don't care or don't zoom into photos to see how the sausage is made in post processing. I want uncompressed raw dng files that I can edit in Lightroom.