Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 04-14-2024 05:57 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
692 Replies
S24UItra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Similar problem exists here. I have received the update but nothing is resolved . 50 and 200 megapixel cameras have problems. Destroys photos after processing...

Comparison of a cropped scene between the s23 ultra camera and the s24 ultra camera (pay attention to the middle of the image, details are lost on the s24). This happens after processing in 50 and 200 megapixels. In 12 megapixel mode there is no problem and almost everything is fine

s23ultras23ultra.jpg

s24ultras24ultra.jpg

ShrutiJangalgi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I bought the Samsung S24 Ultra 22 days ago, and I am facing camera issues. The pictures are blurry, not good, and the white balancing is improper. After processing, the image quality gets worse than before. The quality is not as expected, and it continuously disappoints me in terms of the camera. Also, after using the camera for 5 minutes, the mobile gets heated, and I need to keep it away. I think it is not working as expected and needs an update or fix for these issues. Also, how can I get a replacement with a good product?

saadsabri
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Join the club. I am absolutely baffled and disappointed at the below par camera quality in comparison to my S23 Ultra. I have tried everything and the issue persists. 

S24U-Matt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm glad I found this thread, because since I received the S24 Ultra I've been constantly infuriated with the camera array.

If I shoot a picture of my cat under indoor light, the image post processes automatically - despite being set to minimal - and then it turns the scene to a really warm Kelvin, making it ugly. Then there's the iffy focus. The AI touch ups added that butcher fine detail. It's a complete disaster 80% of the time.

I had an S10 5G for nearly 5 years because it was so good, so I went into this upgrade fully expecting to be wowed by these newer cameras, but it many ways, it's entirely worse.

I'm banking on software updates fixing the issue, or I won't be buying a Galaxy again. 

0 Likes
S24UItra
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Post-processing is done to remove noise....
But it makes the final image very blurry. It does not work well and destroys the details of the photo

I noticed that no post-processing happens when the camera flash is on

I will put a comparison in 10x mode with 200MP. (From 3 meters away)

LEFT: The flash is on and no post-processing :

RIGHT: The flash is off With post-processing:

s24.png

Quenaelin
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have same kind of problems, I decided to upgrade from Note9 to S24 Ultra, now I am starting to think it was downgrade when it comes to photos. Photos are quite dark and skintone is too yellow especially with indoor lights. There is definetly exposure and white balance problems with this phone, I can't return phone anymore, I hope Samsung is doing something to fix these problems.

0 Likes
GregorSamsa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here. It's so sad to see a great shot for a split second, only to watch it gone in an instant. šŸ˜¢

0 Likes
Whistler87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same! I hate it. I take the photo and it looks great then in a second it looks washed out and way too bright. We need an option to keep the before or after processing photo or something. This is just crazy how bad it looks after, especially when the before looks amazing!

0 Likes
compunerd3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It's ridiculous,  spent 1300 euro on this phone, coming from S21 ultra as a trade in and I'm full of regret. 

Camera results are brutal. 

Show me good results of any moving subject such as kids or animals with a fast shutter speed. Only the 12mp can do it and it can't do it well. 200mp is useless on this phone due to the Samsung **bleep**ty algorithms running after you press the shutter. 

Come on like, ffs just release a finished product instead of this half assed camera that is wrapped up in bad processing features. Where is your QA, UAT or photography test results? 

Even in the actual reviews on the Web they talk about it being a great camera and you can even see the flaws in the results on their actual reviews. 

Enough of the silence from Samsung, all of us depending on "leaked" info that a patch is coming. 

I'm waiting to hear back on returning my S24 ultra phone so I can switch if possible to a competitor,  I don't want to but at this stage I'm so frustrated with the camera, an alternative is what needs to be thought about.