Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

As someone who has paid for a flagship, I hope Samsung will finally fix the processing issue and solve the quality issue for 50/200mp highly processed oily without detail photos!

As this problem exists since s23 series by now and you haven't fixed it, I conclude you can't or don't have the expertise to fix this issue after such a long time. It's a shame you advertise something that actually doesn't work well! This is a cheat!
Pixel 8 pro and Iphone 15 series have 48/50MP @

userNOp6XTKuSM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, so they already did the update? I was still getting horrible pictures, but I figured the update hadn't happened yet. Thanks for sharing!
0 Likes
alirezanasibi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

yes, already updated but 50/200MP photos are still garbage quality with least details...After such a long time (since 2023) there's no fix so I believe they CAN'T fix it. They don't have the expertise to fix it...

Ibuddy66
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
1200 dollar phone and yet my S21+ took better pictures. I'm so **bleep**g mad about this right now.
- Ibuddy66
AlexJ14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

1000058763.jpg

ā€ƒdid u have those lines in the sky???

0 Likes
NovaProspekt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi, I am having the same problem with even brighter scenes.

Basically I can see mountains from my balcony, and when I try to capture photos in 12 MP there is no problem (except the "grainy" look given by the too few MP) but when I try with the 50 and the 200 MP sensors, I get some very bad and strange bands between the mountains and the sky. This effect is much worse on the 200MP camera, and is really bumming me because I bought this phone for 2 reasons: OneUI and the camera, and if the camera is so bad I don't know whether to keep it or not.

Have you found any solution?

Khushbugupta01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am regretting buying this phone .

AlexJ14
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. I just walked into a best buy, and the same settings in the phone on there and mine and my screen is way more dull and a lot less bright. I hope samsung sends my a replacement phone, i obviously got a bad phone

0 Likes
Boostblue
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I can't take a single picture without some motion blur. I've used raw also and galaxy enhance X and it's still terrible. I didn't think a flagship phone would have such an issue. The over processing makes it worse. 
fumble
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Just bought this phone and am already contemplating on whether or not I should return it. The camera is too overexposed and too high in saturation. Photos look too bright and warm/orange tone. In selfies, i look very orange and my lip color looks way too pink. I loved the quality of the s20+, exposure was just right and the tone was cooler and soft looking. I've tried toggling with every setting there is but nothing helped. I've heard that many people are facing the same issue. Should I return it or wait for an update?