Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
Makistinson
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Efrain, 

How did you started talking with Samsung representative? Im having same issue hence assuming Im part of the same bad batch. 

0 Likes
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I called Samsung customer support , and then I chatted with an agent on Samsung support website and they were able to live view my device and see the issues I was having
0 Likes
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
They didn't offer that to me. Just got off the phone with them. Did you like show them live how it was when you took a photo, etc? Which batch do you have?
0 Likes
Cameraman99
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi,

I have normal s24 (not ultra) and there seems to be bad quality problem with the camera.

In both 50mp and 12mp settings the image quality is blurred or grainy. I downloaded the pictures to my computer for comparison and the results seem much worse than what i have taken on my previous S21 phone. The faces of people are soft and over packed. Details seem blurred when zoomed in.

I have the latest software. I have tried to set all the afterprocessing into minimum but without any help. I have currently jpeg as format as its the standard for sharing images in the web.

i have read from multiple places about similar issues with the ultra version. Does anyone have idea has samsung acknowledged this critical issue and is doing something about it? Is it a hardware issue (non fixable) or a software issue (fixable if samsung puts some effort)?

penguingang
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Currently Samsung has said that they are working on the fix with the vivid display not working properly and they're also working on some bugs and other software issues that I were indicated and Android 6.1 most likely it's going to come with the February security update
Cliquei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Thats a me too.. my s10 plus camera got better results than this s24 plus

Cliquei
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I discovered that disabling heic makes photos noticeably better.

0 Likes
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

I haven't seen any camera issues with my base S24.  I have gone through most of the modes.  Love the dual record.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
BM92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue here, after the update my S22 camera is terrible,  tried all the resets and still terrible quality.
Bought an S24 but it is the same, and will return the phone to Samsung..

0 Likes
userRuvPamrWzx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

It's a feature of garbage QA for which samsung should be firing whoever oversaw the camera development.