Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
aldin00917
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

S24 Ultra here ! update all tried camera assistant  tried all, camera quality too badd to much blury and grainy 

user8O5qvIHUz8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
So I work for T-Mobile (10 years) and I've seen a lot of Samsung devices. I had the s21 for a few years, now I have s24 ultra, and when I had them side by side I noticed a huge significant difference in the display of colors and selfie camera. My s21 was so vivid and bright, and it really sucks that I spent $1,450.00 on the S24 ultra to have these dull washed out colors on display. And I did look at the difference between vivid and natural settings and there is no major difference. The selfies camera is the worst. What is Samsung going to do about this, and are they going to put a software update because at this point I'd rather go back to an old model that has amazing bright vivid color. How many other people are complaining about this issue as well? And these type of things do matter when you spend that much money on a phone.
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The front camera is lacking .... feels like a step back
0 Likes
nairalks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same

0 Likes
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had to reread your post to make sure it wasn't an old one that I posted. I am having the exact same issues. In the store, they told me it was software and there wasn't a hardware issue, but it seems like others are being told different things, so Idk what to say. Im going to see how it goes the next few days and then push for a replacement device. It feels unfair to have to gamble sending my old phone in for something that isnt working. We need to keep reporting these issues so the tickets to their dev see it as an important ones. Neither the person in the store or customer support today could tell me if a release is coming or what exactly is included. Software updates can only go so far if the camera parts aren't to par.
0 Likes
Cveklan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. Still haven't sold my S20FE Snapdragon. One of the reasons I upgraded was better camera, only to find out this is 3x worse than my old phone. Smudges all the details with weird swirls and get watercolour look, saturation increase and ISO bumping up further ruined it. Look here!!!

20240209_115436 (1).jpg

ā€ƒ

milen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I completely agree. My s21 ultra is so much better than my new S24 ultra. The differences in the pics I'm taking at Disney today is incredible.
Jonah56
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same issue
userCE5SuAu6c0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same bad quality issue. I can't get any info from Samsung for a timeline or if they will fix it and if it's a hardware/software issue. One of their workers and the other support said they were aware of the issue. I keep putting in error tickets and get the same copy and paste response. Am told it is software, but on another thread, a user said they were told by Samsung that it was hardware and they were given a new phone from a different batch. This seemed to have solved the issue for them.

How's your front camera? The pictures look so lacking in detail there as well. I wish they would publication acknowledge the issue and state the solution. It's not fair to keep everyone with a return window in the dark.
0 Likes
user1J6Iwv2r7r
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I may return my s24ultra and get my 22Ultra back. I have the same issues.
0 Likes