Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
Members_137vc59
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Unfortunately that doesnt work for the 50 and 200 MP cameras. Those will still AI optimize with optimization turned off.

dbz88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Does not fix the issue.

dbz88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

There's no fix, the commenter is just clueless

ChrisCody
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Unfortunately, the option to disable does not work on 50mp or 200mp mode. 

rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

No there isnt, the special processing for 50 and 200 mode is ruining portrait shoots with too hard microcontrasts and can't be turned off. 

You can use Pro Mode for 50MP but 200 can't be used for portraits. 

dbz88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

No there isn't, I personally have tried every different option. Even pro mode and expert raw doesn't fix this issue.

ChrisCody
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Unfortunately, the settings to disable Intelligent Optimization are ignored when 50mp or 200mp mode is enabled. You get oversaturated colors, excessive highlights and the picture you see in preview changes 5 seconds later on gallery when their 'magic' is applied.

I spent more than two hours with Samsung tech support who messed remotely with every setting on my camera remotely. They confirm there is no way to disable the image changes that occur on 50mp and 200mp modes via any available setting. The issue also occuring via RAW modes  and in RAW pro modes. I don't understand why Samsung thinks we want to have some AI magic recolor our pictures. 

The issue is particularly bad in low light or bright light. 

I'm returning my phone as my s20 is better at consistently capturing photos.

DPN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here.  Post processing DRAMATICALLY reduces picture quality.  Happens to me in daylight shots as well.    I hope Samsung will address this significant issue in a future update, as soon as possible.

rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

Nothing new, it does a horrible on on people, makes them look way older. Was already and issue on the S23U.

16_oz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The 50mp and 200mp pictures are absolute garbage. The post processing (which you can't turn off) totally ruins pictures. Sure as **bleep** hope Samsung plans on fixing this. Also, what's the point of super hd in the gallery app? It over exposes pictures and gives people a bad sense of what the camera is doing.