Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know. Some of the pics I've taken came out much better than my s21 ultra. Also, just got my s24 ultra on Thursday.
matheusgaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here. I CAN`T use the 50 and 200 mega because the post processing make a horrible edition to the photos after the shoot. With all camera settings on minimum.

This issue is something that are not adress anywhere in Youtube or social midia.

StanleyKubrick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Two things: (1) I believe Samsung is going to fix this with an update. (2) Why does ANYONE buy a high end COMMUNICATIONS device just for the camera? If you want perfect pictures on every possible mode then BUY a real camera! "Phones" are for spot-shots. SMH

0 Likes
nofoxsgiven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Someone please tell me they're going to fix this or i'm stuck taking pics at 12MP resolution šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
tariksa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Having same problem newly bought s23+ images caputred at 50mp destroyed by refining, totally different than reality and too NOISE than...

Cannot to turn off tried everything but loading spinner is there and doing troubles, this should be DISABLED by default. This just making good cameras hardware to became bad!

p.s. in pro mode captured photos looks too dark on shadows etc..its hard to set it for normal capturing... anyway this refining should be removed from normal photo mode totally.

0 Likes
tariksa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Having same problem newly bought s23+ images caputred at 50mp destroyed by refining, totally different than reality and too SOFTNESS AND BLURRY than... Cannot to turn off tried everything but loading spinner is there and doing troubles, this should be DISABLED by default. This just making good cameras hardware to became bad!

p.s. in pro mode captured photos looks too dark on shadows etc..its hard to set it for normal capturing... anyway this refining should be removed from normal photo mode totally!

0 Likes
dbz88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

This is a major problem and may require a class action lawsuit.

0 Likes
Federica_Mu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi everyone, I've just bought a S24 Ultra and I have to say that the 200mp camera after the post-processing is straight out garbage šŸ˜¢ I'm so disappointed. I have tried every possible setting, and hoped in the update but no change at all. Just the 50mp looks a little bit better.

I really hope that Samsung will fix the problem soon because my 200mp pictures look so over contrasted magenta-yellow and at the same time kinda blurred, that makes impossible to use this lens ( I manly wanted something more practical to bring around instead of my mirrorless camera).

Vintaring
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Well gl then xD 2 month since realease and today patch of 430 mo don't even fix it yet šŸ˜‹ Enjoy your 12mp lens until S25U.

And enjoy the fact that not a SINGLE tech reviewer mentionned that defect too. Lesson learned for me.

0 Likes
nofoxsgiven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Wow - this is still happening today and i just got the March update - i was hoping it'd fix things and i forgot to change my camera settings back to 12MP but now all my shots don't make linear sense because of the time taken post processing AI lumps all the shots with a white background at the end (maybe trying to correct white balance?) and so i've no idea what goes where - it shows up properly in the gallery app on the phone itself but when i copy them over to my pc it uses the creation time (after processing)  and NOT the shot time to sort them and it's a mess - why is this so hard to just turn off?? 

I'm really regretting buying this phone as the camera was what i was hoping would be better than my prior S22 and it totally isn't šŸ˜ž

AI is just turned to a liability and NOT an asset on a phone - i'm now looking at a used pixel to use for work photos.