Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
488 Replies
GregorSamsa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here, photos on zoom lens are over-sharpened to the extent of being unusable. Why Samsung, please make an option to adjust post-processing.

0 Likes
LexiJ9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Is there a way to revert the optimization?? Or save it before it optimizes?? I found someone saying they did this on reddit but no answer as to how. 

0 Likes
rawshooter
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

There probably is no "before" it's just a lowres preview.

0 Likes
Remas097
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I also have noticed this issue. It's now april and the issue has, not only not been resolved, Samsung seems to just ignore it. I have been looking for a fix for the last couple hours and there's so many forum posts, reddit posts etc about this and yet not a single reply from samsung directly acknowledging any of this. Apparently the april update is fixing a very specific zoom related issue 

It's only if you play around with some precise settings will the camera capture photos that are a bit too dark. This happens when you lock the auto exposure between 1.6-1.9x and 4.6-9.9x zoom in the camera app and take a photo. This results in a much darker photo being captured.

Samsung has confirmed that a fix for this issue is under development and that a software update will be released to address it. Users are advised to update their device to the latest firmware when it becomes available. 

as per this article - https://www.sammobile.com/news/software-update-to-fix-galaxy-s24-ultra-dark-photo-camera-issue/

Yet, there's no acknowledgement about the issue of basically useless 50MP and 200MP sensors on a Ā£1500 "premium" device. 

This is ridiculous to say the least.

0 Likes
usern5c5b1AReG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm going through same problem 50 MP and 200 MP destroyed my photos after post processing.
0 Likes
userPmKBiltNJF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same problem. I'll be damned if I'm going to factory reset this phone because it takes me a month to get everything set up again. A lovely phone rep tried to help me with several things, but any improvement has been very slight. The "jump" where the whole field of view changes to some other thing that I'm not trying to photograph is super frustrating. Moon photos, which were phenomenal on the S23 Ultra, are often difficult to capture and, half the time, blurry and blown out. The worst is tiny items on motherboards where I need to capture a specific section, and when I pinch and zoom, I can't get it to focus at all. I'm not sure what's up, but I really regret upgrading and trading in my S23 Ultra. šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
Karthi19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I dont know y Samsung camera team does not want to extend this excellent text algorithm to all scenes.

As a result, the non-text scene is full of extreme sharpening, which makes the picture look like a painting.

20240528_204212.jpg

ā€ƒwithout text algorithm 30x

20240528_204213.jpg

ā€ƒwith text algorithm 30x 

@4UModerator @Camera @Admin 

Please kindly solve this issue @moderator 
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I would have preferred to see your pictures in full resolution, not pictures you pulled from Ice Universe on Twitter. This is the same 2 pictures remastered to 13mp instead of the 3mp ones you downloaded. 20240528_121347_1000022241_1716912828.jpg
Karthi19
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried to reciprocate but I didn't get the shot properly so attached the same. But the issue can be looked into n  fixed.!!

0 Likes