Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 04:54 PM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
528 Replies
MisterB2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I have the S24+ and by default all images are horribly artifacted with distortions due to aggressive default over-processing. I just found the two solutions to fix the problems:

1) In the Camera app setting, set Intelligent Optimization to 'minimal'.

2) In the Gallery app settings, set Super HDR to 'OFF'.

Those two settings will eliminate the horrid pixel jaggedness, distortions and smudging that are showing up from over-aggressive processing

Also, download and try their Samsung Expert RAW photo software instead of default camera app.

Best quality found using 50MP camera.
MisterB2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok, I need to update my prior comment:

Further playing with camera settings and situations revealed that the worst quality images with extreme degradation of quality were the JPG images when I used the PRO mode camera settings with the default Raw + JPG file save setting. When I was reviewing my Gallery images I was initially confused as to the presence of two seemingly identical images yet one of those pairs was always badly degraded. Thus, I've now set PRO mode file save to RAW only, and have also reactivated Maximum Optimization and reactivated Super HDR.

All is fine now but I have noticed only the 50MP FULL camera choices provides the best quality images. Any other lens choice or format (12MP or 3:4, 9:26, 1:1) provide less than stellar images. Also, JPG compression quality is far too restrictive and Samsung needs to allow greater user control over the degree of desired compression.

Finally, download the free Samsung Expert RAW camera app for greater exposure control, and the free Samsung Galaxy Enhance-X app for nice AI post-processing (but does not remove enough noise). 8
0 Likes
karuu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Is anyone else having issues with the front camera not being vibrant or at least pick up the actual colors because everything I take a photo (I'm in a light setting btw) it still white washes everything and makes me and everything else look dull. It also makes me not to want take selfie. And yes I did try the natural and warm setting.

16_oz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. 50mp and 100mp shots look horrible as well. The April update made them worse
0 Likes
Tysofly
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah but differently. My camera takes **bleep** front picture with the flash. It's embarrassing and when I went to Tmobile they aint know what was up, but even theirs did it. With as much as it cost it's disappointing.but every Samsung I've had the front camera flash has been trash, and me being darkskin makes it worsešŸ˜
0 Likes
moeenfaisaltiktok
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
23 ultra 23 the best camera

Ultra 24 not good 

The tach not good 

Language Arabic translation?????????what 
xClintx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
The display sucks, too. The s23 ultra's camera and display are better. I tried to trade in my 24u for a 23u, my provider couldn't because they don't have any more
0 Likes
al10104
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
šŸ‘
0 Likes
romeocasio
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello there,

I've just changed from S22+ to S24+and came to the same conclusion : the :camera: is not good. Even if I tried to tweak the options, it's terrible.  Too much yellow, strangely kind of dull looking, grayish tone. Too somber, creates too much shadows. I think I'll have to go back to S22+.

0 Likes